Hex Size Of Tranny Pan Drain

Hi all. New to the forum, I own a 2k es300 and a 2k2 es300 (bought yesterday).

I am doing the 60k maintenence on the 2k and am having some issues draining the tanny pan. There appears to be a drain plug on the pan with a hex head. The largest wrenches I have are #10 and 3/8" but they seems a smigent topo small and the plug is really tight.

Any idea what size this is? I'd like to finish up today and all I have left is the trany.

Thanks,

BH

Hi all.  New to the forum, I own a 2k es300 and a 2k2 es300 (bought yesterday). 

I am doing the 60k maintenence on the 2k and am having some issues draining the tanny pan.  There appears to be a drain plug on the pan with a hex head.  The largest wrenches I have are #10 and 3/8" but they seems a smigent topo small and the plug is really tight. 

Any idea what size this is?  I'd like to finish up today and all I have left is the trany.

Thanks,

BH

i beleve it is a 10 MM Allen key

here is info from when i did mine

http://www.mjmautosport.com/how%20to/chang...es300/index.htm

johnatthebar- Welcome to LOC!

10-mm is correct.I used a snap-on "T" allen wrench and worked fine. I bet the firt time you do it, it will be hard since the people at dealerships love to overtighten!

You might not have to fill the diff throught its drain plug. I would double check on this since my 98 is filled through the tranny dip stick. I would do a search since the 98 are different then the 97, for example.

Just trying to help since maybe the 2002 is the like mine or not.

differential fluid .

When i did flush my transmission. mechenic told me there is no differential fluid .

only transmission.

in your picture showing (last) what is that?

I never drain and refill yet. but after 15000 i wants to just drain and refill.

10mm to drain how you refill. at dipstick correct?

Thanks.