Help! My Keyless Remote/ Locks Are Going Crazy!

i have replaced the battery in my key and it still will not lock or un-lock the doors. also when i am driving down the road my door locks will lock and un-lock by themself - they don't actually lock but they make the sound like they are. i have no idea if these 2 problems are related but who knows. i think my car has a mind of it's own - any idea's????

ok heres how to reset the alarm and then reprogram it.first thing to do is get in the car then put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position but dont start it just turn it to on then back too off.you have to do it fast.do it 2 times.another words stick the key in turn on off on off then pull the key out.now as soon as you did that hit your power door lock with the door open on and then off 5 times then shut the door and then open the door and hit the door lock another 5 times on and off.after that you should here a beep.once you here that beep the doors should lock then unlock and once it does that hit the button on your key and it will reprogram the key to your alarm.i know this is hard to understand but once you do it a few times you will get the knack for it and it will be a breeze.remember keep the door open and unlocked before you start.key in turn on off on off then door locks on off on off on off on off on off then shut the door then open the door then dorr locks another 5 times and you will here the beep.you have to do it quick or it wont work.thats for re programming the alarm.to reset the alram just do the same as above only stick the key in and turn it on then off 3 times instead of 2 and then do the rest and it will erase anything in memory.what i just showed you will also work for new keys.that will fix your problem.

sounds complicated but its very easy.just keep trying until you get it.once you get it you will know exactly how to time it.by the way did anyone else in here ever do this other then me?i did it because i didnt have the remote for the car so i bought one on ebay and programmed it myself.

Personally, I think it's an electrical problem and it doesn't have anything to do with programming the key remote. I say this because he said, "when i am driving down the road my door locks will lock and un-lock by themself", and that problem has nothing to do with the remote.

Alan

acually he said they make the sound like there going to lock but dont lock so i figuered he meant the sound the alarm makes when it locks or unlocks the doors because it wouldnt make a sound like the door is locking and dont do it unless the locks are broke inside his door and i dont think thats the case.it could be a electrical problem too but he said the key dont work the alarm so thats why i gave him them instructions on how to program the key because maybe the memory in the alram is full and wont take his key so thats why i told him how to reset the alarm.but anythings possible it could be a electric problem.i would give the above a shot first and if that dont work then he diffenitly has a problem.it could also be a bad key.its worth a shot though

i will try resetting it , the sound that it makes is not the beeping for the alarm it is the actuall lock, it just seems weird that both of these would go at the same time and not be related. the door locks are not broken they will lock and un-lock if i use the key or press the button manually

then there might be something wrong with your security system.it could be shorted out or something.try resetting it and if that dont work then i would take it to the dealer to get checked.

i tried resetting it and couldn't get it to work, so i have no idea, if you have anyother ideas let me know

i also just got off the phone with lexus and they said it sounds like my key went bad , and they said they only sell them as a 2 key set (remote and valet ) and it also comes with a computer chip that has to be reprogrammed and it is $365 - i thought you could order just one key and it was like around $100.

ya i did - all it did was make the radio station staticy so i am not sure what that means. but it said something about it being in the rear defroster, i just had my windows tinted would that have messed it up at all??

well,like i said its not easy at first until you get the hang of it to reset the alarm but the more i hear about this the more i think its something else wrong with your car.it might be a bad security system but i cant put my finger on it.i would have lexus check it out for you to see what going on because there might be a short somewere.