Full Throttle

My wife was turning into our carport and it went full throttle.

I know it has "Throttle by Wire" and the throttle is controlled by a servo motor system.

Has anybody had a similar experience with this problem?

Also another person across town had a similar experience with a Lexus SUV.

As soon as I get the car out of the body shop I wil be taking it to the Lexus dealer.

Wife is scared to drive it at this point.

Thanks, sdman

I wrote about 2 months ago where my 2001 GS300 surged as I was coming to a stop. It was about a 1-2 second surge where the engine rev went up to about 1500 where I had to press on the brake hard to stop where I expected. Initially I thought maybe I had pressed on the gas pedal at the same time as the brake (new car for me) but it happened a couple of times more so I know that wasn't it. Air conditioning was off and it seemed it might have had a relationship with the passenger unhooking the seat belt as we were coming to a stop but after trying to get it happen, I could't reproduce it. Hasn't happened again for awhile now.

More than likely some kind of drivers error occured that caused this accident. There have been numerous investigations of many many vehicles done by the NHTSA into unintended acceleration including in the Lexus line and they have never found any evidence that any of these accidents were due to equipment malfunction and not driver error.

All automatic transmissions will cause the RPMs to rise as the car comes to a stop, sometimes it can be startling if you're not ready for it.