Wheels And Tires

tsai423

I want to get some new rims for my sc430, cause the factory wheels look like crap. Does anyone know the offset for the lexus sc430? I heard that getting the new wheels will disable the tire pressure gauge. Is there anyway around it? I read the posting here and a lot of people are complaining about the run flat tire. i havent experience any problem with mine, no noise or anything, maybe i havent tried the other tires. anyways i was wonder if anyone knows if they come in the 19". Thanks.

If you are asking if 19" wheels will fit the 430, then I'd say - yes. Plus 1 is not a major issue. If you are looking for some nice wheels I would recommend HRE or Zauber Gettins. Of course there are a multitude of quality wheel manufacturers out there.

Check out those wheel manufacturers on google. Locate some vendors and give them a call to see what they recommend for an SC430. There was a thread here about some replacement wheels as well. I would guess anywhere from +35 to +50 offset will be okay for you on every day driving. If you upgrade brakes or suspension, offset may need more consideration. Check out our wheels/tires forum as well. You may be able to find an answer there too.

Good luck.

I'm curious as to where you're located because you say you haven't had a problem with the run flats. Maybe the roads you drive on are especially smooth or something. My car is soooo much better without them it is unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

Go and look at Tirerack.com for your wheels!

They have a nice inventory, and on the site if you choose the SC430, a small mock-up pops up and each time you change wheels, they show on the mock-up! Very nice way to see what you're getting.

A lot of SC430 owners use this site for both wheels and tires. Most change the RFT to Michilen Pilot Sports.

Just check with Tirerack's people if the sensors can fit on the new wheels. Some wheels cannot take the sensors due to size, but a good majority will.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Regards,

Deanski

I just got my car back from the body shop. told me that i still have 5k on my run flats but will get a second opinion from my machanic cause it still looks good but I dont know much about cars.

I look at some rims and Im trying to narrow my selection down. These four are what I am considering. Hope you guys can help me out. Should I go for chrome? Heard chrome rims need alot of careing.

1. Zauber Gettins

2. SSR GT3

3. Work Wheels LS http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/index/.../ls-p/ls-p.html

4. Work Wheels Euroline KH http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/index/...ukhp/eukhp.html

Rims are a very personal thing, it makes up a large portion of the image you give out about yourself/ryde. :P

I would give me opinion that those rims are too 'racey' as I prefer the dish style setup on the Sc430, it compliments the chunkyness of the body. :D

End of the day, it's really up to you cause if you're not a 100% on the rims then don't get em else you'll be stuck with them for a long time ! :(

I recently bought some Lowenhart BR5 rims 18x18.5 in front 18x9.5 in the back. I love the way they look, unfortunately they could not place the sensor in them or at this point disable the sensor. So I have the annoying chime ~every 5 min along with the light. I have not given up so if anyone has any ideas please pass them on...thanks