Oil Leak On My Es250....

projzxr

I haven't driven my Lexus for about two years now and finally fixed it up but now there is or seems to be an oil leak. Right about the exhaust cover/above the engine head there is oil/dust build up its prolly is oil because its built up thick black gunk. and if I look directly down into the engine their is this piece that looks like it is covered with oil (it is below the the head of the engine where the header is coming from). Can anybody help? Do I have a serious oil leak? Sorry about the really bad description. Thanks.

How hard is it to install? What exactly is done to replace it? How much do you think its going to run? Thanks.

Do a search on "valve cover" in the ES forum and open the search to encompass the last year. You will find a ton of threads and a variety of prices paid by member across the country. These include Lexus, Toyota and independent shops as well as DIY jobs.

steviej

I haven't driven my Lexus for about two years now and finally fixed it up but now there is or seems to be an oil leak. Right about the exhaust cover/above the engine head there is oil/dust build up its prolly is oil because its built up thick black gunk. and if I look directly down into the engine their is this piece that looks like it is covered with oil (it is below the the head of the engine where the header is coming from). Can anybody help? Do I have a serious oil leak? Sorry about the really bad description. Thanks.

mine is leaking as well. maybe one of these days, ill replace it and do a how to.