Tensioner Pulley

Hello all,

I heard a funny noise one day on the way to work. Sounds like a squealing noise. I went to my mechanic and he determined that it was the tensioner pulley. I purchased the part at Lexus for $220. It this a common occurance? Is it hard to replace (install)? Does it have anything to do with the timing belt?

I have almost 200,000 miles on GS. Besides this, the car is strong. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The accessory belt tensioner doesn't have anything to do with the timing belt. It isnt very hard to change. You need to remove the belt, upper timing cover and then the smaller timing cover below that one. The tesioner can be removed then by the three 12mm bolts. Actually, you might not even need to remove the smaller cover, I cant remember right now.

The accessory belt tensioner doesn't have anything to do with the timing belt.  It isnt very hard to change.  You need to remove the belt, upper timing cover and then the smaller timing cover below that one.  The tesioner can be removed then by the three 12mm bolts.  Actually, you might not even need to remove the smaller cover, I cant remember right now.

He didn't specify which tensioner was squealing :pirate:

The accessory belt tensioner doesn't have anything to do with the timing belt.  It isnt very hard to change.  You need to remove the belt, upper timing cover and then the smaller timing cover below that one.  The tesioner can be removed then by the three 12mm bolts.  Actually, you might not even need to remove the smaller cover, I cant remember right now.

He didn't specify which tensioner was squealing :pirate:

deleted

Neither did you !!! Just a suggestion , Drop the nissan doing the honda , VERY RICE AND TASTELESS !!!!!!

That's why I mentioned both, smart guy <_< Only if you drop the pic of the ugly girl next to the OVERPRICED car. I find it SEXIST AND TASTELESS :lol:

Lextech23,

You are exactly right. I watched my mechanic replace the part yesterday. You also remove the small cover below the other. It took 20 minutes tops. The car is perfect again. Just curious, what is this part for? I'm glad it wasn't expensive.

Neither did you !!! Just a suggestion , Drop the nissan doing the honda , VERY RICE AND TASTELESS !!!!!!

That's why I mentioned both, smart guy <_< Only if you drop the pic of the ugly girl next to the OVERPRICED car. I find it SEXIST AND TASTELESS :lol:

I did my part !!!

• 2 years later...