What Is The Safest And Best Way To Sell Your Car?

shortbear

I was thinking of selling my mercedes 2002 c240 privately instead of the dealer so I can buy the RX330. Is there a big difference in the money I can get?

However with all the crazy people out there today, I am a bit concerned about my safety meeting with strangers. Does anyone know of a safe way to sell a car?

i've sold every lexus i have owned to the dealer. I just have them use it towards trade for a new one. I don't bother with strangers and ad's etc. i'm too busy for that crap. But if you want the extra money go for it; many people have done it.

What is more valuable - your time or the money you will save by selling your Mercedes on your own? If the latter, sell the car on your own. Don't be misled by Hollywood movie producers and the News media into thinking the chances of being scammed by a con artist are high.

When I bought my LS400 I bought it from a weathly couple living in a private gated California community. I test drove the car with the wife and told her I would go to the local bank and pay her with a cashiers check drawn on a major bank. She agreed and all went well.

Yep, I always tell people to figure out what their hourly rate is, if selling the car is going to cost you more in your time than you'd make over what the dealer will give you then its not worth it.

It is possible, but highly unlikely that one of the people who comes to see your car will be Joe the guy who cuts people up for fun. Its possible that you'll get hit by a bus on your way to trade it in too, but also highly unlikely.