Quality Of Service

Archie

How to you find the service at your Lexus dealer? Mine on a scale of 1-10 with 1 the Pitts is a 1. I can't believe these guys. You can't get a human when you call for service. A recording says please leave your number and we will call you back (at our convenience not yours).

Then they rarely call back. They of course claim they did and it's your fault. So to beat the system I have to say this is my 3rd call please return it. Then 2 days latter I'm able to get a service appointment in 2 weeks.

Took the car in for service last week. Told no loaners were available but they would hurry it up and it would take about 2 hours. Four hours latter the service guy comes out, after I asked sales for some help, and tells me they can't get to it to day but to reschedule.

Other mad customers are sitting there telling the same story.

It's the only dealer within a 100 or so miles and they sure abuse the monopoly.

Seems to be a lot of friction and game playing between employees and departments. So what is your take on this , or is it just me?

Thats terrible...

Unfortunately all dealerships are independently owned so they're not all the same. We have 6 here within 25 miles so they all have to be pretty on their game to keep their business. I'd write the general manager a letter and explain to him why you're so dissatisfied. If that gets youy nowhere, call 1-800-25-LEXUS and lodge a complaint.

Honestly in your situation, I'd find an independent mechanic to service your car and forget the dealer.

Your experience at the 1 dealer is terrible and is unacceptable. I have 2 dealers in the St. Paul/Mpls area so there isn't quite a monopoly. I have used the dealer as well as a local independent for service. Contact the manager of the dealer to complain and if necessary contact Lexus directly. Good luck.

Your experience at the 1 dealer is terrible and is unacceptable.  I have 2 dealers in the St. Paul/Mpls area so there isn't quite a monopoly.  I have used the dealer as well as a local independent for service.  Contact the manager of the dealer to complain and if necessary contact Lexus directly.  Good luck.

Look like you need a JPI at your place. :D

JPI

Thats terrible...

Unfortunately all dealerships are independently owned so they're not all the same. We have 6 here within 25 miles so they all have to be pretty on their game to keep their business. I'd write the general manager a letter and explain to him why you're so dissatisfied. If that gets youy nowhere, call 1-800-25-LEXUS and lodge a complaint.

Honestly in your situation, I'd find an independent mechanic to service your car and forget the dealer.

I agree with sw! Call Lexus U.S. Head office to issue a formal complaint......their attitiude should change for the better after that I'd bet! B) ;)

:cheers:

How to you find the service at your Lexus dealer? Mine on a scale of 1-10 with 1 the Pitts is a 1. I can't believe these guys. You can't get a human when you call for service. A recording says please leave your number and we will call you back (at our convenience not yours).

Then they rarely call back. They of course claim they did and it's your fault. So to beat the system I have to say this is my 3rd call please return it. Then 2 days latter I'm able to get a service appointment in 2 weeks.

Took the car in for service last week. Told no loaners were available but they would hurry it up and it would take about 2 hours. Four hours latter the service guy comes out, after I asked sales for some help, and tells me they can't get to it to day but to reschedule.

Other mad customers are sitting there telling the same story.

It's the only dealer within a 100 or so miles and they sure abuse the monopoly.

Seems to be a lot of friction and game playing between employees and departments. So what is your take on this , or is it just me?

:chairshot: I would have to rate the service that I have received as a Minus 1. It appears that I have found the re-incarnation of Larry, Curly and Moe; they work in my local Lexus service department. However they always call me back and send survey forms to ask about the quality of service. This is becoming annoying and the last call that I received I responded by telling them that they should devote more time to their service area and stop bugging the customer.

I switched from Mercedes to Lexus in order to experience "The Ultimate Pursuit of Perfection", however I can't seem to locate it. It is very elusive and is obviously hiding from me.

Lou K