97'esw/elec.ride Control Strut--convert 2 Reg.srut

HoLLoT1P

NEED HELP...My struts on 97 ES300 is going bad, and on top of that its an electronic ride control strut. Parts (dealership struts) alone cost$1300. To get to my point, does anyone know if someone has converted these kind of struts to regular struts???? If so I want detailed intstructions and what parts I need to convert this maneuver.....

I am interested in the same information for my 97 ES300 with AVS. I have been unable to find anyone that has done this conversion.

I have also contacted several dealers inquiring about this conversion and have gotten varied responses. Some say it can be done but requires 'tricking' the computer to think AVS is still working and others say the system should not be converted due to problems with the other systems that are tied into the AVS (Tracking Control, ABS, etc.).

Let me know what you decide to do or if you find any information.

theh AVS system is NOT related to the ABS or Traction control system.  You can safaely remove the sytem or fuse with NO problem.

How do you safely remove the AVS system? I'm not interested in removing the fuse as it protects many other circuits (cruise, ABS, shift-lock sytem, theft deterrant sytem,wireless remote control).