P0170, P0302, P0304, P0306

My 95 lexus ES300 is idling really rough and the check engine light was on, so I took it to the automotive store and had them run the code reader for me.

These are the code I got from the reader. Codes are: P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire), P0304 (Cylinder 4 misfire), P0306 (Cylinder 6 misfire), and P0170 ( fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 1). How do I fix this problem? Why is it only on head 2, 4, and 6? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

My 95 lexus ES300 is idling really rough and the check engine light was on, so I took it to the automotive store and had them run the code reader for me.

These are the code I got from the reader.  Codes are: P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire), P0304 (Cylinder 4 misfire), P0306 (Cylinder 6 misfire), and P0170 ( fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 1).  How do I fix this problem? Why is it only on head 2, 4, and 6?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Try new spark plugs/wires and check your distributor cap to see if it needs changing as well...

These are the code I got from the reader.  Codes are: P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire), P0304 (Cylinder 4 misfire), P0306 (Cylinder 6 misfire), and P0170 ( fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 1).  How do I fix this problem? Why is it only on head 2, 4, and 6?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

it is only on 2, 4, and 6 because you only have 1 bank of sylinders misfiring, i bleieve 2, 4, and 6 are on the back bank (the one closest to the firewall) thos plugs are no fun to change, but with a few pivot-racthets and a 3/8's inch drive it can be done.

Thank you all for the inputs. The spark plugs were all changed about 3 months ago, so I'm sure they are still good. I will check the coil, fuel pressure and double check the plugs. Thanks again for the input everyone. Can anyone confirm if 2,4,and 6 are the ones in the back.

Thank you all for the inputs. The spark plugs were all changed about 3 months ago, so I'm sure they are still good.  I will check the coil, fuel pressure and double check the plugs. Thanks again for the input everyone.  Can anyone confirm if 2,4,and 6 are the ones in the back.

dont be so sure about the plugs. i have seen 2 day old spark plugs crack. especially when they arent replaced with ones as good as OEM (for instance, champion, bosch, etc...bosch is ok for most cars, but lexus/toyotas generally hate them...i wouldnt put a champion in a lawnmower though.

Can anyone confirm if 2,4,and 6 are the ones in the back.

I don't want to start and arguement, but according to my service manual, cylinders 2,4 6 are in the LH bank which would be the bank closest to the radiator, NOT the firewall. Granted my manual is for an '02 but a 1MZ-FE engine nonetheless. I doubt they would switch the designation of the cylinders.

Here are what is listed as possible trouble areas.

Open or short in engine wire

Connector connection

Vacuum hose connection

Ignition system

Injector

Fuel pressure

Intake air flow meter

EFI engine coolant temperature sensor

Compression pressure

Valve clearance

Valve timing

PCV hose connection

ECM

It also states: When the 2 or more codes (P0300 to P0306) for a misfiring cylinder are recorded repeatedly but not Random Misfire code (P0300) is recorded, it indicates that the misfires were detected and recorded at different times.

now add in the P0170 it sounds more of a fuel pressure than it does a spark issue. It doesn't state P0170 as being specific to bank 1 (which is the bank closest to the firewall.) Codes P0171 and P0172 are Bank 1 and codes P0174 and P0175 are specific to Bank 2.

I would pull the front plugs and have a peek. Reseat the coils and then have the fuel pressure tested while you are driving the car.

just out of curiosity (and its a long shot), you didn't happen to run out of gas at any point did you. I mean run out of gas as in run the tank dry and come to a complete stop while driving type of run out of gas?

steviej

a good possibility of a head gasket problem but usually it leaks in 1 or 2 not all 3 having oil at once

i would replace the plugs and pulll them after 100 miles to see whatthey look like to be sure

corroded seems odd

too bad you could take a nice pic of them