Es300 Stalled

lex92

recently my 92 es 300 stranded me as I exited the freeway and came to a stop. A few miles previous, the car hesitated as I entered the freeway around a left turn on ramp. It acted like it was momentarily out of gas. But I then drove several miles without any sign of trouble. Then, as I exited the freeway and stopped at the stop sign the car quit. It started right back up as usual, but immediately died again. This is where is stands. It will start up and run for 1 or 2 seconds, then die. It acts like it isn't getting any fuel past whatever starting circuit fuel it gets - but, I'm just guessing. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

recently my 92 es 300 stranded me as I exited the freeway and came to a stop. A few miles previous, the car hesitated as I entered the freeway around a left turn on ramp. It acted like it was momentarily out of gas. But I then drove several miles without any sign of trouble. Then, as I exited the freeway and stopped at the stop sign the car quit. It started right back up as usual, but immediately died again. This is where is stands. It will start up and run for 1 or 2 seconds, then die. It acts like it isn't getting any fuel past whatever starting circuit fuel it gets - but, I'm just guessing. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

Sounds like the throttle body or fuel injectors.......have you had these items serviced recently or since you have had the car? :unsure: B) IF so, be as specific as you can.

:cheers:

Same thing happend to me in my 92 ES today. As I exited the interstate on a up hill off ramp my car started to stall and then recovered. Since then I can not recreate the event. I have a motor mount going out that i am about to replace and I thought that it might have something to do with the engine moving and causing a vacume leak or flexing the air intake plenum causing an excess air to rush in the engine.

Same thing happend to me in my 92 ES today. As I exited the interstate on a up hill off ramp my car started to stall and then recovered. Since then I can not recreate the event. I have a motor mount going out that i am about to replace and I thought that it might have something to do with the engine moving and causing a vacume leak or flexing the air intake plenum causing an excess air to rush in the engine.

Wouldn't you feel &/or hear a 'bang' bain if the engine was shifting? :unsure:

:cheers:

two things come to mind in order of most like possibility.

1. Idle air control motor is faulty, dirty or sluggish.

-you can clean it or replace it.

2. Fuel pump is dying or dead.

- have a technician monitor the fuel pressure through all sorts of driving from start up to acceleration to deccelration, high speed, idle, etc.

3. clogged fuel filter.

replace it.

steviej