1998 Es300 Rear Shocks

tsomai

Please Help.

I have a 1998 Lexus ES300 with 95,000 miles. This car has a Sports Tuned Suspension (Adjustable Suspension with control located next to the Gearshift). My rear shocks need to be changed but the dealer wants $356 for each shock. Is there any off the market replacement part?. I really cannot afford to pay $700 plus for the parts alone. I live in New York and would greatly appreciate some help.

Thank You.

I have a 97 with the same adjustable suspension (AVS) that is in need of replacement. The replacement price for the electronic shocks is too much for me as well. I'm just starting to research converting to a conventional strut system. Looks like new strut mounts will be required as well to make this happen.

You may want to consider doing this conversion as it appears to be less overall cost. At this point I don't have any specific brands to recommend.

If anyone else has done this conversion and can recommend a brand of struts, that would be appreciated.