System Question

sorry if this has been asked before but i couldn't find an exact answer in a search..

i am going to put in 2 12" subs and an alpine cd player. do i need to do anything with the stock amp. i am not switching out any of the factory speakers just adding the subs and a seperate amp to them. i don't think that i would have too because the amp will being powering all of the same speakers it was before. but i am just checking

thanks

Are you doing the work yourself, or having it done at a shop? If the latter, it's their problem.

Are you running the stock speakers off the amp built into the HU, or just using the line out from the new HU as opposed to the outputs of the stock stereo? If you're just using the outputs from the HU into the existing factory amp, I'd think it would work. Be careful of levels, however... it may be worth a call to your local car audio shop to ask if they know, or perhaps a phone call to Crutchfield. You may need an adaptor or some sort.

If you're running the stock speakers off the new HU's internal amp you'll probably have some extra wiring to do.

-KMan

good luck

you change the deck and tehn you have to change the amp it is not made for any other signal

i guess i didn't make it clear in the es faq post

i will have to redo some of it

but noone of it works with anything else ,it just doesn't work

the speakers cannot take more power than they already have

they are low power high efficency

so they will pop and pop until tehy are blown sorry but to change an es system you need to change all of it at the same time

or just add an amp and subs by itself if you want that is easily possible

ok a few more questions,

i went to an audio store and they said they have an adapter to use the stock amp still that just came out ( but i am not to sure)

would it just be easier to get a new very low watt amp ( how many watts do the stock speakers handle? ) to power the stock speakers ( would they plug in directly?) or would i be able to splice into the wires and run the stock speakers to the cd player -- to sum it all up i am basically asking what is the easiest way to keep the stock speakers??

also i heard it is hard to take out the stock cd player/radio/tape ( i have a cd changer ) if someone could tell me the easiest way to get it out or copy me a link on how to do it so you don't have to type so much ;)

thanks - i just can't wait till it is all over and done with

hi,you could put a new head unit in the es 300 and still use the factory amp.i bought the adapter from a local stereo shop and its called a toyota amp intergation harness.it has all the power wires plus the speakers.check around and you will find it.maybe sk didnt see it yet but its around.i would just recommend buying new speakers in the front and back rear deck because a new radio will pop the low watt factorys.and i dont think it will take any power away from the new speakers using the old amp because the new radio is a much higher watt then the factory so it will push the new speakers better.

i also posted about this harness on here before but nobody responed so i guess alot of people dont know about it but it does exist.heres some pictures of it and also the kit you would need.i will try to get the model numbers also.

post-7-1055646670.jpg

if you get the toyota harness... definelty keep the factory amp... the harness .... i have done it too .... i put in a jvc deck....and still using everything else....

the amp will only help in this case... the signal is coming from the deck ... and the amp .. is just a boost in power.....

i love what i have .... sounds like a theater....

- Neil

glad to see someone else did what i did.i think the factory amp with a new head unit sounds great with new speakers.how many watt is your jvc unit?i have a alpine tv and dvd player and i think mine is 45 times 4.i also installed a rockford amp and hx2 dvc 10 inch woofer.all together it sounds awsome.

one more thing.if you are going to use the factory amp with a new head unit dont get some crazy watt speakers for the doors or back deck because like sk said the amp wont push them well.get the lowest watt speakers but something good.i put infinity kappa in mine but the amp dont push them to there full potential but still sounds great.i would recommend pioneer 180 watt max.i think there rated like 35 watt rms witch is pretty close to the factory but still alot better sounding.

well i guess i am wrong about the harness

and very glad to be

( why the hell don't companies make anything when you actually need them ,like when the car is new)

anyway

everything else said makes perfect sense

the speakers can be changed before the amp but won't sound good until it has a new amp

but it still won't sound good till it gets a new head

all in all

you should replace all speaker wires as well and run them to the trunk with rca to the deck up front