Dash Lights

lily830

I took my car to have the brakes fixed. When I got it back, my dash lights are all out, so I can't even see how fast I am driving.

The shop was closed when I picked it up yesterday, so I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it.

Any ideas what is wrong?

That would be my guess too.  It is next to the security light on the dash just to the left of the instrument cluster.  I find when my lights are on and the dimmer is all the way off, the dash will not illuminate at all.

Good luck.

I tried that but it didn't work. Thanks for your reply.

i second that. Is everything else lit? For example Radio, etc? Or is it the whole instrument cluster or just the needles. But rereading your first post, i'm assuming the whole cluster is out. Definitely check the fuse, perhaps it blew or somehow got loose.

I wonder y it's out if you just got your brakes done.

Good luck

i second that.  Is everything else lit?  For example Radio, etc?  Or is it the whole instrument cluster or just the needles.  But rereading your first post, i'm assuming the whole cluster is out.  Definitely check the fuse, perhaps it blew or somehow got loose.

I wonder y it's out if you just got your brakes done.

Good luck

I had a mechanic look at it. He took the dash apart, and it started working. Maybe a wire was loose.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Lily

ok thats good. Yea probably the cluster wires were loose. I hope you don't have airbag cell though.