Dad Bought A 2002 Buick Century Limited:

Lexusfreak

Hey everyone,

My Dad finally got rid of his vehicle of 14 years.....a 1990 Buick Park Avenue with 412,000 miles on her (original engine & tranny btw), and decided to purchase a cream puff of a 2002 Buick Century 'Limited' with 45,000 miles (I tried to get him over to Toyota or Lexus, but money is a bit tight for him & they wanted & frankly needed something newer with warranty, all service records & a 1 owner for MUCH less than the same year Japanese mid-size car....& hey they have always been GM folks so a leopard never changes their spot's I guess lol :whistles: ). Nice car for him & my Mom.........has a very good reliability record & it's built in Canada which my parents like so it should serve them well even it's a "plain jane" type of vehicle with everything except leather (even has a few features my 01 ES 300 dosen't have actually! :blink: ). :D All I can say is, it's about time! :D

So my question to everyone who can help is......Is there a North American Buick Century Club(s) that anyone can point me too? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks! B)

:cheers:

Thanks amf......I should have remembered that one :whistles: .....I drove a 1991 Buick Riviera & was a member of the Riviera Owners Assoc & that was one of their links. Brain cramp here lol. :chairshot: B)

Just curious, what kind of features does the Century have that your ES doesn't(I think dual zone climate might be one, yes?)? <_< ...even better is the radio display in size 16 font. lol 412k is quite a feat on origional pwrtrain!! My LS had better do atleast that. :)

Just curious, what kind of features does the Century have that your ES doesn't(I think dual zone climate might be one, yes?)? <_<  ...even better is the radio display in size 16 font. lol  412k is quite a feat on origional pwrtrain!! My LS had better do atleast that. :)

The Century actually has a tire pressure monitoring system (at least the ES up to 2001 never even offered it as an option), Oil life warning system (according to the owners manual, you can go over a year depending on the type of driving you do before changing your oil & filter), correct Blake, dual zone electronic climate control (don't get that feature personally as your still in the same passenger compartment close to everyone!), and an engine block heater all standard! :D (I do wish my ES had that feature being in Canada) It's a fairly plain looking car.......but excellent value on the used car market for the price.......goes about it's daily business without comanding much attention which the many of the owners love, & like Rodney Dangerfield, get no respect lol. :lol: B) If I find out any additional features, I will let everyone know. ;)

Thanks! :D I always thought dual zone climate was kinda gimicky too(same can be said for heated mirrors, but I'll never buy another car without them. They are awesome at clearing everything-dew, ice, etc.), but I use it all the time in my LS, and I love it. I'm always hot, and most of my passengers are cold, so we get the best of both worlds since one side can be on heat while the other is ice cold(my side!).

Thanks! :D I always thought dual zone climate was kinda gimicky too(same can be said for heated mirrors, but I'll never buy another car without them. They are awesome at clearing everything-dew, ice, etc.), but I use it all the time in my LS, and I love it. I'm always hot, and most of my passengers are cold, so we get the best of both worlds since one side can be on heat while the other is ice cold(my side!).

Actually there is 3 things I wish my ES had (that my Dad's Buick Century does)....1 would be a warning chime if one leaves there headlights on.....it dosen't have one! I've checked with several other ES owners & they confirm that as well) Every car I've owned before that did! :chairshot: kind of peeves me off considering the type of car a Lexus is :whistles: 2 would be an engine block heater as standard equipment (every GM, Ford & Chrysler has one in Canada at least) & 3 a tire pressure monitor system......but I'm fussy about checking the pressure frequently so it's no biggie. :D B)

also i think the volume knob moves by itself when you use the stereo controls on the steering wheel (the volume knob is the kind that has a little line on the edge, meaning there is only one full rotation of the knob so it had to move with the steering wheel volume control)

Not sure if the ES has it or not (don't want to find out the hardway!), but the Buick Century has a feature that prevents any damage from happening (that nice loud grinding sound) when you accidently start the car again while it's running. Very useful feature. :D B)