1994 Es300 Bottoming Out In Rear

jelow54

I have a 1994 ES300 that bottoms out when we have people i the back seat and go over bumps or dips in the road. We have had new struts put on and new springs installed. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what can be done to fix this??

If what jelow54 means by bottoming out is that the strut does full travel when the car goes into dips in the road then I hae the same problem on the front of my '93 Windom. And that's with new KYB GR2 gas strut inserts all around.

I noticed however that the inserts were a bit shorter than the stock adjustable inserts that were on my front. So much shorter that the spacer that was sent was not thick enough to adjust the inserts height.

Any ideas as to why???

• 5 years later...

Okay i'm not sure if the original question was answered. I have a 93 es 130k and i have the same problem when carrying more than 2 passengers the car bottoms out hard on dips in the road (it hurts my heart when this happens). I had all four struts replaced and discovered that it is still happening. Are there any other suspension components that could cause this?