Gs300

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. My interest is in the purchase of a pre-owned 2000 or 2001 GS300 for my wife. I have seen on several previous posts that people are paying a little more to purchase their cars from dealers for the quality guarantee and warranty. How much is this really worth and what can you expect to pay? I am used to buying new GM vehicles between $700 to $300 under dealer invoice (Tahoe and 2500HD). Can I expect the same to hold up with Lexus if I was to buy new vs. pre-owned?

Thanks in advance.

well i've seen many gs's on autotrader selling 4 much less than what they r worth. mayb look there and c if a dealer is near u , i would suggest 2 def get the xtended warranty no matter where u buy, the car will hold up , i know it well, but 2 have it is always better imo.

OK - I am looking at a 2000 GS300 w our local Lexus dealer. He thinks that since it is certified it is worth more. I am not completely satified with the car as it has a lot of pits/chips in the paint on the front end that have been repaired. He wants to have the front end repainted if that is what it takes to make me happy. I am inclined to wait on another car that is in better shape. My question is if I were looking at two identical cars how much more should I be willing to pay for the Lexus certification?

"certified" or not... i was in the same boat wondering if it's worth the extra dollars. remember that you can buy an aftermarket warranty... i got a 3 year/45K mile warranty with no deductible for about $1500 that covers just about everything. to make a long story short, i saved $2000 on an extremely clean gs 300.

i guess the most important things are to have patience when searching, be very picky, and to make sure it's super clean. it's a lexus it'll run forever! good luck and keep us posted on what you get.