2005 Rx330 Radio And Key Options

alexpro

Hi, I just took delivery of a 2005 RX and I have a couple of questions that somebody might know the answers to.

First.. the radio!!!! When i was test driving a 2004 RX, the radio did the usual display of station, artist and song. The 2005 just shows MSG on the display and I have to press the TEXT button to see the station, artist and song title. The manual doesn't indicate how to enable the scrolling so I'm thinking the radio is defective. The radio was the same style of 6CD radio without the NAV.

My daughter can setup exactly how she wants her remote to work for her Jeep via a nice text menu on the car's info screen. But according to the manual, I have to have the dealer disable the chirps and flashing lights as well as if I want the windows and skylight to open with the remote. I think the owner should be able to do this.

Thanks!

Alex

I think thats a difference on the 05, I had an 05 RX as a loaner last week and noticed that you now must always hit text. Its probably some safety BS.

As for the CBES settings (thats what you mean when the dealer has to program it) SOME things can be programmed yourself through a complicated series of movements (hit door locks twice, put key in 5 times, jump up and down like a chicken etc) but Lexus felt that it would be "better" customer service if they handled all of that themselves. Its free for the first year, you can get a printout of all the changes that can be made on here somewhere (you'll have to search) and they can do it in 5 minutes when the car goes in for its 30 day check.

Welcome to the LOC and have a Merry Christmas ;)

Hi,  I just took delivery of a 2005 RX and I have a couple of questions that somebody might know the answers to.

First.. the radio!!!!  When i was test driving a 2004 RX, the radio did the usual display of station, artist and song.  The 2005 just shows MSG on the display and I have to press the TEXT button to see the station, artist and song title.  The manual doesn't indicate how to enable the scrolling so I'm thinking the radio is defective.  The radio was the same style of 6CD radio without the NAV.

My daughter can setup exactly how she wants her remote to work for her Jeep via a nice text menu on the car's info screen.  But according to the manual, I have to have the dealer disable the chirps and flashing lights as well as if I want the windows and skylight to open with the remote.  I think the owner should be able to do this.

Thanks!

Alex

wait, so ur saying you can't open your windows and moonroof with the remote yet unless you program it or what not? :geek:

• 3 years later...

I just purchased a used 2005 rx330 from some friends a few months ago and so far love it BUT- am frustrated with this radio text issue. My 2002 Jeep displays the full text without pushing any buttons but as the previous posted of the message states- not so with the lexus. Even when you do punch the text button, the message is often garbled. Is something wrong with it or is there a way to work around this or fix it. My car only has 20k miles and is still under manufacturer warranty.

thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wait, so ur saying you can't open your windows and moonroof with the remote yet unless you program it or what not?:geek:

Hold the door open button on the remote and the windows and sunroof will open.