Need Some Help

I have spent the better half of a year looking to buy a Cadillac Seville STS, after hearing too many horror stories I have decided to go with the Lexus instead. So I have a few quick questions that I would like answered. First of all, the ratings between the v6 and v8 are very similar. Does the 300 preform nearly as well as the 400? What kind of gas milage can I expect from each car? And lastly, how do higher milage ones hold up (80,000 +)? Thanks

I have had both and loved both. My current ride is 99 300 and I have had a 95 400. My cousin has a 92 400 with 250K miles on it and that should answer your question as to how they hold up.

Bottom line is that the 300 and 400 are really quite close. The 400 has more power but is a tad heavier. My 99 300 actually feesl quicker down low but the 400 comes on stronger at say 50 MPH.

I dont think you can go wrong with either but I suggest you drive both. Get a later model if you can as they made some nice refinements to the motor with VVTiming and the like.

Good luck.

Lexus/Toyota is one of the finest manufacturers out there. The 3rd gen SC series are some of the best cars ever made. I'm a little biased. But I can't help it. I was in love with them when I first saw them. I never dreamed I would be driving one. I'm sure I'll have more in the future. When taken care of, they are very reliable. The 300 series offers more options for aftermarket power. The 400 has more on top in stock form. Both are excellent automobiles. I wish Lexus could produce a line similar to the 3rd gen SC's in the future. The IS is ok, I like the GS as well, but we need a better SC for the future.