Wheel/tire changes...'91 LS400

ChuckW

I have a first generation LS (1991) with those uni-directional wheels that I dislike because they cannot be rotated side to side, front to back only, the tire never gets worn turning the opposite direction, causing "feathering" on the tread. OEM size is 205/75/15.....anyone out there have the same first generation that has upgraded to 16's? Do the 16's with wider/lower tires still give overall identical wheel diameter? New member on this great website.

Hi - welcome to the Club!!!

If you to one of the big tire sites, such as www.tirerack.com you'll find a calculator to help you figure out how you can put on bigger rims with lower profile tires to maination the same overall diameter.

I'd guess and say you'd easily get 16 inch rims on by taking down your profile to 65, probably even bigger if you want to.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
Hi - welcome to the Club!!!

If you to one of the big tire sites, such as www.tirerack.com  you'll find a calculator to help you figure out how you can put on bigger rims with lower profile tires to maination the same overall diameter.

I'd guess and say you'd easily get 16 inch rims on by taking down your profile to 65, probably even bigger if you want to.

Good luck!

Or you can just ask the Tire Rack employee on this forum...ME!! :P

• 2 years later...