Ls430 With No Sunroof

evansobran

I know it sounds strange, but were the 2001 and 2002 LS430s initially offered with the sunroof as an option? I am 6'7", with most of that seeming to be above the waist (please, spare me the jokes!). I love the LS430, and would like to know if anyone has seen or owns one without a sunroof.

I'm looking to buy one used if there is even a slight chance I could find one this way.

And beleive me, I know you have a very tall brother who is 6'5" and can fit, but I am two inches taller, and that two inches is what the sunroof takes away!

:pirate:

When we bought our LS430 (new 2002), we didn't want the sunroof; but were told by several dealers (east and weat coast) that the only way we could get one without the "sunroof option" was a special order. We elected to purchase one with the sunroof because the dealer's price was actually less since he wanted to move a car already on the lot rather than special order one. So I expect some without a sunroof probably exist.

I feel your pain, man. I'm 6'4"+, with all but about 8" above the waist. <_<

Seriously... I can't raise the seat up to where I'd like it because I hit my head. At your height, you've got to be loving life sometimes. You should try an SC430, or perhaps a Miata. You can look straight over the windshield. I once rode around in an SC430 in February with the top down so I could straighten my neck out.

If you try out the Miata, be careful shutting the door. I mashed my knee between the steering wheel and the door... Driving it is a challenge because you can't turn the wheel around with one hand because your hand hits your knees!

And no, I've never seen an LS430 w/ no sunroof...

Sorry mate. :pirate:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 6'6" but a lot of it is covered by my 36" Inseam Pants. I bought a New '04 LS430 last May.

One of the Reasons I got it was the excellent Headroom and Legroom, compared with other Cars. I understand your Problem. A lot of cars don't have enough room Headwise and/or Legwise for me.

I have the Seat as Low as it will go and the Seat "extended" for support under my Thighs. I raise the front only, anytime I'm going to be driving for longer than about twenty minutes for better support. I've been marveling at the amount of Headroom this car has. I don't even need to tilt the Backrest as much as the last couple of cars I had.

I also have the Seat as far back as it will go. If you don't, that may be part of the Problem. A lot of cars have the Seat Track placed in such a way that the Seat will raise as it goes forward. I first looked at a Lexus in early 1993. I couldn't find a way to adjust the Seat where I had enough Headroom. I inquired about ordering one without a Sun-Roof. I got a lot of reluctance and was told it would take a minimum of Six Months and some other Equipment I didn't want that I would need to take. I forget what it was, but I ended up buying something else.

I don't know if I've been any help. I suggest you visit the Dealer again and try a lot of different Seat Adjustments.