Front Fog Lights (bottom)

Bison

I Have a UK Spec 94 LS400, Fog lights are at bottom of bumper!

I have a 1993 LS400 which as most of you may know has Yellow Fog Lights on the front!

Now I for one think that they look vile. I have recently upgraded my Headlights and main beam to new (HID look White/Blue) Bulbs and what an improvement in looks and performance.

Now I want to do the same to my fog lamps. Does anyone know if it is the bulb that is yellow or the inside of the glass or is there a yellow cap on the bulb? Also is there any instructions on changing these things? it does look very complicated!

Also what type of bulb is it?

Your help and advice is always appreciated.

Regards Bison

Bison,

You might want to stick with the U.K. forum for questions about lights. A coworker of mine in Portsmouth bought an LS shortly after I did in 1990 and we found all sorts of significant differences that prevented us from obtaining parts for each other - particularly regarding lighting. The U.K. and Euro code headlights on the early LS were wonderful (and way different) compared to the awful ones on U.S. versions and we never did get the beam control dial on the dash. We got the crappy high mounted fog lights and you got the ones mounted under the bumper where they should be. Our rear lights were also very different (bigger) and U.S. models never got a rear foglight. Audio systems were completely different too aside from the different frequencies supported -- and you guys got RDS and traffic almost from the beginning -- RDS was only recently introduced here on the LS430. My early LS didn't even have rear cup holders in the armrest like yours probably does!