Light In Odometer Went Out.

lx470man

The D light on my odometer went out and I was wondering how i get that fixed?

I am out of warrenty, so i dont want to take to the dealer cause they like raping me.

What year is your LX, I may have this section of the service manual on my computer at home, I'll check tonight. I think you have to take apart the dash though, the bulbs are behind the instrument guages.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
yeah if you take the cluster out the bulb can be replaced from the back. It unscrews, and any auto store will have a replacement for about a dollar..

How to remove the cluster please?

On the 03, you first remove the black trim plate at the bottom of the cluster (behind the steering wheel). That's attached with two clips, one at either end. Tape up a screwdriver and gently pry it straight out. This will expose a couple of screws. There are two more screws holding the top of the clear cluster shield, I think accessed from the bottom up. Remove those 4 screws and the cluster shield should come out; it's likely a tight fit, but nothing else should be holding it in.

• 4 weeks later...