Michelin Hydroedge

lovlex

My wife has the Falken's you mention (Ziex ZE-512) & they are awesome! I will seriously consider putting them on my ES to replace my Toyo Proxes TPT which I also am VERY happy with. My sister-in-law has the Michelin Hydroedge (both at my advice) on her Ford Focus. She loves them but complained about the price was a bit higher then she wanted to pay.....but she's good for about 140,000 KMS (80,000 miles). The only thing is the Hydroedge is a much lower speed rating than either the Falken or the Toyo (both you can get in either H OR V speed ratings). You can beat the price of the Falkens either & there a Japanese tire to boot! Go with either the Falken's or Toyo's or if you want, consider the new Goodyear Triple Tread.....some sizes you can get in 'H' speed rating & are good for a long treadlife as well. (Falkens & Toyo's are rated for 60,000 miles). Good Luck! B)

What model of Lexus do you need tires for & what is the exact size you need lovlex? :unsure: You can also do a search on here as I have recommended both the Toyo & Falken's many times & many members are very happy with them.

:cheers:

i am looking for 225/60/16

thanks for the advice. the tire dealers tell me to stay away from the falkens :huh:

i can't understand why when they were rated number one by consumer reports :(

maybe because the tire dealer you spoke to doesn't sell them?

thanks for the advice. the tire dealers tell me to stay away from the falkens :huh:

Very good possibility! B) Everything that CR has written about the Falken's have come true & we have had a couple snow storms mixed with freezing rain) so far in the last 2 weeks & all I can say (both my wife & I have driven them in the snow & ice) is they are just awesome for grip, handling, being quiet........6,500 miles on them already & no sign's of wear (just did a rotation) & they hold their air pressure just great. Many tire dealers haven't even heard of these tires to be honest so I'd make some more phone calls if your still intrested or better yet, go to their website.

WWW.FALKENTIRE.COM

• 3 weeks later...

Very good possibility! B) Everything that CR has written about the Falken's have come true & we have had a couple snow storms mixed with freezing rain) so far in the last 2 weeks & all I can say (both my wife & I have driven them in the snow & ice) is they are just awesome for grip, handling, being quiet........6,500 miles on them already & no sign's of wear (just did a rotation) & they hold their air pressure just great. Many tire dealers haven't even heard of these tires to be honest so I'd make some more phone calls if your still intrested or better yet, go to their website.

WWW.FALKENTIRE.COM

Here's my 2 cents.....Just replaced my Bridgestone Potenzas (just realized they were Z rated!) with the Yokohama Avid V4s. These tires are awesome! Cornering and wet traction are out of this world. Did lots of research before I purchased and had it narrowed down to these and the Toyo Proxes TPT. Chose these based on the better traction rating. Couldn't beat the price $390 out the door!!!

WWW.FALKENTIRE.COM

Here's my 2 cents.....Just replaced my Bridgestone Potenzas (just realized they were Z rated!) with the Yokohama Avid V4s. These tires are awesome! Cornering and wet traction are out of this world. Did lots of research before I purchased and had it narrowed down to these and the Toyo Proxes TPT. Chose these based on the better traction rating. Couldn't beat the price $390 out the door!!!

Wise choice (I could have got the Avid H4S instead of the Toyo's, but wanted to stick with the V speed rating & the V4S didn't come in my size). B) They should provide you with good service. It will be a coin toss next time as I have the Falken & now the Goodyear Triple Tread on my short list. The Goodyear is H speed rated, but I'll never go that speed anyways. Best of Luck! :)

lovlex, what tires did you end up getting?? :unsure:

i went with the Falken Ziex ZE 512's........225/60/16 with a little research and help from Freak

i mounted them a couple of weeks ago. (they replaced my worn Dunlop SP's)

i'll tell you, i love em........quiet,smooth, and absolutely great wet traction, tread pattern and sidwall look cool too.

no more gettin sidways on wet roads.............(although it was kinda fun) :lol:

i went with the Falken Ziex ZE 512's........225/60/16 with a little research and help from Freak

i mounted them a couple of weeks ago. (they replaced my worn Dunlop SP's)

i'll tell you, i love em........quiet,smooth, and absolutely great wet traction, tread pattern and sidwall look cool too.

no more gettin sidways on wet roads.............(although it was kinda fun)  :lol:

Enjoy the tires silver! You made a very good choice! B) Post this thread in the LS forum on CL......there is always someone that dosen't think I know what I'm talking about. ;) Look for the posting of 'LS430 - New tires'. :D it's quite funny actually.

A buddy from work just installed the Falkens on his 2001 Honda Prelude.........I think he's going to put me in his will lol. :blink::lol: