Subwoofer

ImranS

How big is the Sub in the non ML 2002+ ES?

I like the sound of the system but the subwoofer is just a little bit ummm......airy? huff and puff like? (i dunno how to explain!)

Can i just replace the subwoofer and would it sound a lot better with the standard amplifier?

you want a nice tighter sound

that mean you need a convertor

a new amp and a new sub

just replacing the sub will yeild poor results.

take it to a stereo shop for ideas on a free air sub as their are very few

but tight bass is not a virtue of a free air sub that you have

the cheapest way to change it is to add a custom box to surround the sub to clean up its frequencies

Has anyone upgraded or even touched the sound system in an 02+ ES? I'm waiting until the warranty runs out before messing with the stereo unit or until someone who is willing to take the plunge and go first.

I agree that the sub on the back (and the rest of the system) in my 03 ES dosen't sound the greatest.

Has anyone upgraded or even touched the sound system in an 02+ ES?  I'm waiting until the warranty runs out before messing with the stereo unit or until someone who is willing to take the plunge and go first.

I agree that the sub on the back (and the rest of the system) in my 03 ES dosen't sound the greatest.

I did and i am very happy with it :D check out the pic and my page that shows the making of it all

P9050064_JPG.jpg

P9050059_JPG.jpg

My Webpage