What Kinda Headlights Do You Use?

chromiez

need some new headlights for my 91 LS400, these salvyania silverstars arent doing it for me. i bought some PIAA blubs for my side markers and even though it claimed to be "superwhite" they came out bluish. any sugguestions? need something that will atleast have that blue taint and wont mess up my wattage

sorry to say but the silverstars are pretty much as good as you can get before having to get hids

one question is how long have you had the silverstars in

as they take a week to acheive full brightness

when i first changed them in i went back to my wholesaler and ripped at him for sellingme some overpriced crap

2 weeks later i ate my words as they got much brighter

i tried around 15 diff brands

they all burned on me after 3-15 weeks, but the last one is good for around 6 month already, so i would recommend MTECs, really nice brand and very reliable, i hope to switch to HIDs soon, in research to find hi/low HID system now

and i'm thinking about this one

http://www.globalpremier.com/h4bixenonhid8000k.html

i had my silverstars in for awhile, they do a decent job. maybe i got to re aim my headlights cause they seem quite low...any one know how to do that?? cause on my car i dont see ANYTHING that has to do with aiming headlights

yeah i heard about those mtechs, apprently theyre better then PIAA in japan, i'll give it a try. what kind did you get? i want something that a nice pure white, i dont really want these colored blue ones i seen on hondas and crap.

i just bought some blubs off ebay, apprenntly some european lights that produce 4800k which is about the same as HID.

4800 k is just a colour

you can get the same by putting a dark blue glass over a candle

try it and you will never want a bulb with a coating abain

as you will see the drasctic reduction in light emitted

candle power or lumens is what you really want to know which is the measure of light emmited

but very few if any bulbs show that rating

you would have to incerase the power drastically to give any light equal to a yellow looking bulb as the blue hue is the yellow being filtered out and al the light for the raod