Abs Light On

lextacy

hi everyone, recently my ABS light went on and wanted to diagnose to see what cause it to be on, but my repair shop don't ahve the scanner..it is only dealer can do this? what do you guys think might cause the problem. Do any of you know where is a cheaper alternative other dealer. Also will this be cover under manufactured warranty..i have a 2003 IS300 with only 12K miles..any advice woud be appreciated..

p.s. i went to the dealer and they denied my factory warranty, should i contact the headquarter to sort this out?thx

Advance and other auto parts stores will read the codes for free. 

I dunno about denying warranty.  Your model year and mile certainly should fit in there. 

Any aftermarket stuff on your car that might affect that?

I haven't done any mod to the car so it should be cover right? Should i go to another dealer, if so what should i tell them inorder to get my car under warranty?

I dunno about denying warranty.  Your model year and mile certainly should fit in there. 

I haven't done any mod to the car so it should be cover right? Should i go to another dealer, if so what should i tell them inorder to get my car under warranty?

Who did you talk to at the dealer? Maybe go up the chain of command. Some of those service writers and even the managers don't know jack.

Who did you talk to at the dealer? Maybe go up the chain of command. Some of those service writers and even the managers don't know jack.

who do you recommend me talking to? manager (which one)? call up the headquarter?any advice would help.

It might help if you could give some more details, like what did you ask them exactly and what did they tell you exactly and who it was that told you this.

I'd talk to the service manager first. If that doesn't help, then go to the dealeship general manager. If he doesn't help, then call Lexus.

It might help if you could give some more details, like what did you ask them exactly and what did they tell you exactly and who it was that told you this.

I'd talk to the service manager first.  If that doesn't help, then go to the dealeship general manager.  If he doesn't help, then call Lexus.

i asked them that is this particular problem (abs) under warranty and the service writer said no it is not..he told that i should have it diagnose to see the problem and i asked it is under warranty? will i be charged the diagnostic fees, and he said yes.

I'd talk to the service manager first.  If that doesn't help, then go to the dealeship general manager.  If he doesn't help, then call Lexus.

i asked them that is this particular problem (abs) under warranty and the service writer said no it is not..he told that i should have it diagnose to see the problem and i asked it is under warranty? will i be charged the diagnostic fees, and he said yes.

Ok the, go back and talk to the service manager. The light should not be on, and they should check the codes at no charge.

Ok the, go back and talk to the service manager. The light should not be on, and they should check the codes at no charge.

thanks man, i will give it one more chance..the worse is that i'll call up the headquarter and deal with them.thx..

also one of my caliper there were missing a bolt, is that under warranty as well?though i already had it done,and paid for but just being curious.

have you still got the orginal brake pads on there?

Either way, the warranty is bumper to bumper except for wear items like brake pads, oil changes, tires etc.

Go back and get a written explanation why it is not covered. Then post that here and call 1-800-25-LEXUS to find out more.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...
Also will this be cover under manufactured warranty..i have a 2003 IS300 with only 12K miles..

At that mile/year this is covered. Period. If someone else did a sloppy brake job, and tugged the wire on tha ABS sensor then your dealer should at the minimum, diagnose it and tell you why it is not covered. Call the dealer and speak to the Service manager...explain that you have been there and were denied coverage before it was diagnosed by an inept service writer. The Svc manager should be helpfull in setting up another appointment. If not call Lexus and ask that the District Service manager call you. The DSM is in charge of several dealerships. Additionaly call the dealership and ask for thier CRP, customer relations person and ask why they feel it nessisary to deny a claim before it has been diagnosed. Was a repair order ever writen on the car? Even if another shop botched a brake job, many dealers will do the repair as a customer satisfaction gesture. I would in a second. Guess that is why our department wins so many awards, and has many satisfied return customers. It is not like the tech, writer, or dealer is paying for it.

Mike