My 2006 Gx470 Total Redesign Out In April 2005

nyc11370

I spoke with 1 NJ dealer today because Lexus just updated the website with 2005 GX.

He told me the Model Year 2006 GX will be a total redesign and it will come out in April 2005. He also told me that I may see it in the Pennsylvania Car Show in Feburary. Price is unknown.

Can someone verify this info? Thanks!

That would be a false statement from your salesman. We are just now getting in our 2005 GX with the upgraded HP. Lexus hasn't told us of a new design for the LX, let alone for the GX. The next ones are the GS, IS, and ES.

Well Lexus or any other car company won't keep everyone up-2-date on the redesigns, because the dealer is afraid if they let you wait any longer for the redesign, you might not buy their cars, unlike if you just buy whatever's out right now. Same thing with me and the odyssey. I heard rumors of a bigger odyssey coming out (this was the 2nd generation odyssey) so i went to my dealer in 97 about it and asked them. I was really good friends with my sales guy there. I asked him when the new redesign odyssey was coming out, he and the other guys said they had no idea. well it turned out that it was only 2 years later the redesign came out, but i had already bought the 97 model.

So it's really hard to find an honest salesperson who would tell us when the redesign is coming out.

the gx will be available in the sport design in Jan05. That will be the re-design. The LX will now not be changed for the next 5 years they say. The next changes will occur in the

GS 300 March 15th 05..{ they will then bring it out as 330 the next year.

RX 330 Hybrid Apr 05

IS 250-350 SEpt 05

LS - MArch of 06

ES- Sept of 06

They had to push off the LX for a while to re-design the sedans. THis is because they will be selling LExus in Japan for the 1st time in 06. Until now they have been rebadged as Toyota's{ex. altezza-is} The GX was original supposed to be a quick fix until the LX re-design. Its the 1st lexus that wasnt an original design. It was piece mealed from lexus and toyota parts etc. They were very happy with sales on the gx and it will continue with the upgraded motor and kdss suspension which they realized gives the truck a far superior ride. probably wont find one without that after this year. Last based on there involvement in the racing circuit. They need to make the race car there using a production model within 5 years of competing{there 2 years in i think} So there will either be a Lexus {$100,000 plus} supercar or toyota will get it as a Supra very soon. The future looks good.

Where did you get that information? There's a couple problems with it as it doesn't fit Lexus' design philosophy. The LS in particular is on a 5 year production track, meaning the new LS would come out as an 07 model, not an 06 model. We should see one more year of the current design in a special edition (Coach, platinum, SportDesign). Same is true of the ES. They just refreshed the ES for 05, I'd bet my life that they plan to get 2 years out of that refresh just like they always have in their history, meaning the current ES will run in 2006 again with a special edition.

And if they plan on waiting 5 years on the LX, they may as well just cancel it.

they will come out in 06' as 07's.. The reason being again is the offering of lexus in japan starting in 07. The currently sell the sc 430 as the toyota soarer/ the IS/ Altezza and so on. So now to make sure there not selling the same product under 2 different companies they have to redesign the entire sedan line-up. They also have some newer high performance engines and products that they will make available alla AMG.. by 2007

I had heard the next LX was going to come off the Sequoia platform.

yes they are planning to use the sequoia platform.. there were thoughts also of making it a UX and adding a much larger engine and price tag. They will use this truck to try and raise the brand prestige eventually.