My Es

ArmyofOne

DCP02204.sized.jpg

Pimp Factor.

8)

DCP02203.sized.jpg

^pretty paint, and Yokohama Avid Touring rubber in front, NEW.

DCP02202.sized.jpg

^new Dunlop SP Sports in rear.

DCP02201.jpg

^more Dunlop!

DCP02198.sized.jpg

^cool angle.

DCP02200.sized.jpg

For Sale, but onlyif i get what im asking $2250, OBO. (wont go any lower than $1800)

DCP02197.sized.jpg

^ gawd i love that color on a sunny day!

DCP02196.sized.jpg

^my brother made the fornt bumper worse now, by hittiing a wall in the school parking lot (driving lesson...dont ask)

ill post my progress of my reparis when i return from a short meeting!

ok, repairs made:

-PCV valve change

-Oil Change

-Air Filter

-Tranny fluid drain and fills (2)

-Tranny Filter Replacement

-Fixed Drivers Window Swtiches

-Re-attached body cladding with new clips and 3M Double sided Moulding adhesive tape.

-both drive axles, and inner and outer CV joints

-Front Brake rotors and pads.

ok, repairs made:

-PCV valve change

-Oil Change

-Air Filter

-Re-attached body cladding with new clips and 3M Double sided Moulding adhesive tape.

How many miles?

ok, repairs made:

-PCV valve change

-Oil Change

-Air Filter

How many miles?

141,408 when i parked it tonite.

also forgot to add to the list:

-TB and UIM Cleaning.

-New light bulbs throughout the car (headlights, tailights, the works)

-ordered owners manual from Lexus.

-Claybar, rubbing and polishing compound and NXT, lots of NXT.

Man that things in good shape. A new bumper cover and a good going over with a buffer and it'd be a real gem. What have you decided to do about the repairs?

it depends on if this guy that looked at it tonite wants it. (i dont think he was that interested, i told him up front about the oil leaks, and he kind of squirmed...)

it is in pretty good shape. it has a good amount of heat warp on the dash. and needs repainted now. the paint on the drivers rear door is rapidly peeling away, and the passenger rear door...well you can see the beginning of it under the ridge below the window... also the right rear quarter panel needs repainted as well. needs new hood thanks to my boss's kids....

considering i got almost all of my moeny back after my lawyer (family friend)confronted the previous owner about fasification of claims for sale, he gave me back $1500, plus the $200 for the brake job back in september.

i have spent around $1,050 if i added correctly. after the refund, i bought this car for around $1350. not too bad considering if i waited for the right buyer, i could get around $2500.

lexusfreak, i would hang onto it, but DAMN, i just cant see putting over $5,000 worth of work into this car. it still needs a steering rack and pinion, and ball joint bushings. needs the whole power steering system redone. the power steering system is weird. i start up the car sometimes, and it makes this groaning sound from under the hood. i pop the hood and open the resivoir for the power steering, with the car still running, and it goes away instantly. doesnt return for at least 2 days!

i was told all the lines are leaking and that the pump is probably gone.

then it still needs TB/WP/Cam and crank seals- $850

then oil pump seal (IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME AN ACCURATE PRICE ON HOW MUCH THIS SHOUDL COST< I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!!): unknown.

a GOOD goimg over with a buffer. i still have 1 panelof body cladding i need to re attach, it came loose yesterday in the carwash. then they are all re attached with a small amount of Liquid Nail and mostly #M Auto Trim adhesive tape.

the steering rack, Greenleaf Auto parts has one for $128.90. used, with 82,000 miles on it.

might be cheaper tofind a used motor/trans combo than to fix the oil leaks!

also...more pix:

engine3.jpg

engine1.jpg

cluster.jpg

headlights.jpg

My nearly perfect interior:

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

it would DEFINATELY be cheaper to find a used motor tranny combo...

BUT...i dont have an engine lift, and i dont think jason will let me use his...i could have him do the swap...BUt again...$$$ comes into play.

and besides, he hates this car...really he doesnt liek working on any of the ES series V6's...he says they are all...

PAIN IN !Removed!!!!

:lol::lol:

SW: did you get the pic of my swirls?

here they are again...

DCP02199.jpg

hey...look at the bright side...at least the water spots are gone...:blink::blink:

i wont let my brother drive it now, he has assured me that if i leave it for him to drive, he will proceed to beat the HELL out of the car, flooring the motor from every light, redline to every shift, my tranny cant handle that. so if i still have it when i go, i will either see about leaving it with jason for a few motnhs, or i will drain all the fluids, put 'er on blocks and lock her in a storage barn till i get back.

then i will have $$ to buy another lex, and keep this one as the project car. :D

Sounds like we're in the same boat...do I continue fiddling with the transmission, or cut my losses and move on? Well, actually, regardless of what I think, dad has decided the latter option is what is gonna happen. I'll hate to see that car go...but then again...it's been gone for over a month...at the shop anyway

and besides, he hates this car...really he doesnt liek working on any of the ES series V6's...he says they are all...
PAIN IN !Removed!!!!

:lol::lol:

After doing pretty extensive work(tb, water pump, pullies, and tensioner) on a 1UZFE V8 in a '95 LS400, I don't see how the V6 could be much worse! lol

Something to consider about the new, used tranny/engine is that it will most likely need a timing belt and leak oil from most of everywhere(all older Lexi do it. My ES looks is starting to leak around the valve covers. arrrr Not adding oil yet, but the engine compartment isn't looking so hot.).

:cheers:

After doing pretty extensive work(tb, water pump, pullies, and tensioner) on a 1UZFE V8 in a '95 LS400, I don't see how the V6 could be much worse! lol

Less space. Look around the engine bay of your LS and your ES. The engine on the ES is really shoehorned in there...

Less space. Look around the engine bay of your LS and your ES. The engine on the ES is really shoehorned in there...

If the ES's 6 is shoehorned, then, the LS's 8 must be driven in with a sledge! :lol: All joking aside, working on a LS is a !Removed!-save a few things like tranny fluid and brakes. I think the V8 is more crammed; if you want to get to anything on the front of the engine, don't make any plans. It does have decent room on the sides of the engine, but that's pretty much good for nothing.

If the ES's 6 is shoehorned, then, the LS's 8 must be driven in with a sledge! :lol: All joking aside, working on a LS is a !Removed!-save a few things like tranny fluid and brakes. I think the V8 is more crammed; if you want to get to anything on the front of the engine, don't make any plans. It does have decent room on the sides of the engine, but that's pretty much good for nothing.

jason porefers tin inline six (2JZ) series. plenty of room.

heres the deal, it looks like my rotation may be pushed back, possibly into june. if that is the case, i will keep on driving it. the engine is starting to make funny noises, i fear there may not be much life left in her.

the tranny however, is doing great, considering its abusive former owner...