Steering Problems

andy haw

Hi, I wonder if any of you people could help me with a ongoing problem I am having with my power steering.

When I purchased the car I was aware that the rack and pump had slight leaks but reduced the asking price due to this.I first had a remanufactured rack fitted and noticed that the feel was more heavy than before but i felt it was ok.On driving the car mostly after start up the rack ( from cold) sometimes locks when turning right,after the car is driven a few miles the problem goes away.

I then fitted a remanufactured pump and air control valve but still had the same problem.I came to the conclusion that the rack was at fault and sent it back but was told the rack was ok.I have recently been given a secondhaand rack which I fitted as I was sure there was a problem with the other rack.Guess what the steering still has the same problem.

I have carried out all the checks on the forums cleaning solenoid screen,bleeding,flushing etc.

The car never had the problems of the steering locking although it had leaks until I changed the rack.

Do you think the problem is related with changing the rack or is it coincidence.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Dont think putting the origanal rack back will help as that was the one I had remanufactured and I have now fitted another one which also locks.

I am not driving the car, but the reason for my post is to see if anyone had any ideas as to the problem.