Rattle Fixed

jgr7

The rattle that developed after I bought my RX has been fixed. It sounded as though it was coming from the front passenger side of the car, between 20-45 MPH it would come and go mostly on rough streets. I checked everything I could check. Then I had to make a kind of hard stop and I heard another noise like something moving around in the rear area. I get looking around in the back and I found the large nut holding the spare tire was so loose that the tire was sliding around, and the rattle was the washer between the large nut and the rim. Tightened it up and no more rattle. :)

Jeff

The rattle that developed after I bought my RX has been fixed. It sounded as though it was coming from the front passenger side of the car, between 20-45 MPH it would come and go mostly on rough streets. I checked everything I could check. Then I had to make a kind of hard stop and I heard another noise like something moving around in the rear area. I get looking around in the back and I found the large nut holding the spare tire was so loose that the tire was sliding around, and the rattle was the washer between the large nut and the rim. Tightened it up and no more rattle. :)

Jeff

I wonder how many RX owners use the spare tire? If there is a flat, most would call for road side assitance. Understand that a spare is needed for a trip to the desert, but for daily driving, who would really jack up the car, take off the 40 lbs rim with the flat, and install that 40 lbs of spare tire/rim? Might as well put a fix-a-flat can and a brand new tire in the trunk and save more than 30 lbs of spare rim, jack, and lug wrench.

Fix-a-Flat works on blown out tires? ;)

That's where road side assitance and a new tire come in. Fix-a-Flat for minor leaks, tow to a tire shop for bigger problems.

I have taken wheels off to clean those nasty brake dusts left by OEM pads, but I wonder how many RX owners would install spare tire in those emergency lanes. Chances are it will never be used so why carry the extra weight?

BMW M3 also does not have spare tire/rim, a pump and a Fix-a_Flat can are supplied to save weight.

I've never had to change out a flat on any of my cars but I carry it just incase there's an emergency or I have to be somewhere and I afford to be late. I've never had a need for the spare so I can relate.

It doesn't hurt to have a little extra weight on the rear tires of your M3 though.

I've never had to change out a flat on any of my cars but I carry it just incase there's an emergency or I have to be somewhere and I afford to be late. I've never had a need for the spare so I can relate.

It doesn't hurt to have a little extra weight on the rear tires of your M3 though.

BMW does not supply a spare tire and rim for M3. It came with an air bump and a can. I know SUV is different than a sport sedan but it just bothers me that 40 lbs of extra weight will never be used. Drive for 20 years and only changed spare tire on the road once on the freeway, it was neither fun nor safe.

What is the SUV? The SUV is a sedan or truck? The Utility Vehicles must have the spare tire.

Last Friday, I'd dropped my RX330 for the radiator recall and had asked about the dash rattle. The service rep. in Wilkie Lexus in Philly took note to check and gave me a RX330 loaner. Guess what?, the loaner does not have any rattle from the dash board.

Can they fix my car too?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Actually I almost gave up on the rattle, but when I got my car, the rattle'd fixed. There are bunch of part numbers on the paper for the rattles.. and told me they removed the dashboard and insert new clips and put that back...

They fixed the rattlessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anyway, I am so happy that they'd fixed it. I am so happy now.. :lol: