Not Bad For A 94ls?

TexasLexus94

I just got back from a trip to Phoenix from Las Vegas. The trip is quite treacherous, since Arizona 93 is mostly 1 lane each way-undivided-and everyone drives at least 75. I found that the Lexus ride is amazing, even though I need to buy new tires. Most important was the immediate acceleration when I went to pass-It's amazing that when you floor the pedal, there is no WHOOSH ! like on my Honda. Just power.

Anyway, I got 23-1/2 MPG. I thought that was better than I expected-especially with the slow/speed up way I had to drive. Any thoughts? (107,000 miles).

Hi Tex - good to see you're enjoying the car. There's nothing like good torque for accelerating at high speeds.

Your mpg sounds pretty good. I did about 2/3 of a tank at highway speeds and the other 1/3 at city speeds and managed 21.5 mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

I might try Mobil 1 next service and see if I can get better fuel economy. Only got 16mpg on the last fill and I was driving conservatively (had a couple of 90-100F days and the AC was working overtime, so that doesn't help)!!!!

BTW, what viscosity M1 should I get, keeping in mind that I am in Australia and in summer (now) its up to 100F and winter is usually only as low as 40F, unless I make a trip to the snow, which I probably will next winter season (5F)?

Most important was the immediate acceleration when I went to pass-It's amazing that when you floor the pedal, there is no WHOOSH ! like on my Honda. Just power.

Anyway, I got 23-1/2 MPG. I thought that was better than I expected-especially with the slow/speed up way I had to drive. Any thoughts? (107,000 miles).

i hear that, i love the way the car accelerates, at those speeds, ie......going 50-60mp and then putting the hammer down to pass ect......., these things get it boy... :blink:

i think that is the real big noticable performance deal about the LS, (the acceleration in higher speeds and driving).....not really the 0-60 time but the 50-60 mph to 90 or so, these things will get it. :lol: you can really feel her pulling like a performance car in that situation.

23mpg is pretty good, i think i get i get around 25-27 mpg in highway conditions, but i just let the car drive itself, but i have complete all fresh ignition components and fluids and stuff, (makes a huge difference in MPG on the highway.