Headrest Monitors For 2005 Rx330

tushar

I have just bought a '05 rx330. My wife and i decided not to get the entertainment package (too much $$$) for such a small screen. My question is, has any one ever put headrest monitors in the headrests on any rx330? if so, what manufacture? Any help would greatly be appreciates.

thank you.

I have just bought a '05 rx330.  My wife and i decided not to get the entertainment package (too much $$$) for such a small screen.  My question is, has any one ever put headrest monitors in the headrests on any rx330?  if so, what manufacture?  Any help would greatly be appreciates. 

thank you.

I have a '00 RX, and installed 3 screens(alpine) a dvd player(blaupunkt) and a tv tuner. The majority of the cost was getting the headrest redone after the monitor installation. Total cost is less than the factory entertainment system lexus offers, and it's only one overhead screen.

My wife is asking for the same. I'd actually like to add LCD's to the headrests, and LCD's in the Visors. Mine is Nav'less, so I'm thinking of adding NAV and piping it into the drivers side Visor LCD. Passenger and Rear will have option of DVD or NAV feed.

Seems Vizualogic is best for the headrests and make it easy for us. Hardest thing I've found is tracking down an extra set of Visors... or much info on the difficulty of mounting a LCD in a Visor.

I have just bought a '05 rx330.  My wife and i decided not to get the entertainment package (too much $$$) for such a small screen.  My question is, has any one ever put headrest monitors in the headrests on any rx330?  if so, what manufacture?  Any help would greatly be appreciates. 

thank you.

I just purchased my RX330 from Metro Lexus in Cleveland. I was told they did not use the Lexus entertainment package. I was told they use one that mounts in the front headrests. I have no need for it so didn't pursue it. If you have further interest you might want to contact them to see what brand they use. I'm sure it's quality.

I just purchased my RX330 from Metro Lexus in Cleveland. I was told they did not use the Lexus entertainment package. I was told they use one that mounts in the front headrests. I have no need for it so didn't pursue it. If you have further interest you might want to contact them to see what brand they use. I'm sure it's quality.

Great info - thanks for the tip.

My neighbor has an '04 RX-330 with rear facing video displays on the headrests. According to her this was not an OEM Lexus system. When I ask where / how she got it, she said it was in the car when she bought it new. (gee thanks that helped!)

She has a video game console hooked up to it so that her kids can play vid games on long rides. That was what really sold her on that car in the first place. Must be nice huh?

LCDs for the visors are not that expensive($50 each). Make sure the people that will be installing your entertainment system know what they're doing. Do not drill any holes underneath the rear right passenger seat, the gas tank is below it. You also might want to watch them closely while installing your unit so you can see and figure out what they're doing incase something breaks later on down the line, you will have an idea on how to troubleshoot the problem before bringing it back.

Let me know how it goes

;)

Does anyone know if headrests on all RX330s are the same dimension? If so, what size headrest monitor have you put in that work well. I am trying to look for the largest possible that will accomodate the headrest.

I recently looked on alpine1.com. The packages there look promising.

I own '00 RX, I don't know if the dimensions have changed.  I have 7in monitors on each headreast and have little room left all around...

take a look...

Rear Headrest

wendell - great photo!

What brand monitor are those? Did you install yourself? Any install tips?

tushar - I think you and I are doing the same thing in parrallel. I've been asking in thread if the LX470 will fit. I think the spacing between the poles is larger than that of the RX330, but I haven't been able to confirm.

Do you know what the headrest pole spacing of the RX330 is (wife took the RX for the long weekend)?

I own '00 RX, I don't know if the dimensions have changed.  I have 7in monitors on each headreast and have little room left all around...

take a look...

Rear Headrest

wendell - great photo!

What brand monitor are those? Did you install yourself? Any install tips?

tushar - I think you and I are doing the same thing in parrallel. I've been asking in thread if the LX470 will fit. I think the spacing between the poles is larger than that of the RX330, but I haven't been able to confirm.

Do you know what the headrest pole spacing of the RX330 is (wife took the RX for the long weekend)?

the monitors are Alpine TME-m750(older version of TME-M770) I had a shop install the headrest monitors and re-apolster, but I wired most of everything myselft. Make sure you get a good contact (paint free) when grounding your wires or you will get this whistling noise when you accelerate. Sorry, I have not been inside the RX330 so I can't give you an answer for the pole sizes.

What kind of system are you planning to get for your 330? I know you mentioned that you want to install headrests and visors, are you going to get a headunit with a dvd player/tv tuner built in for your monitors?

roddydawg, I read somewhere (on the web) that the pole spacing is either 6 1/4" or 6 1/2". I can not remeber. Its not alot but that 1/4" can make a big difference if you are going to get headrests that already come w/ monitors installed.

I am leaning towards the alpine Rear entertainment package 6. (even though alpine's system builder does not include a choice for a 2005 RX330)....I based it on a 2003.

1. (2) 6.5" wide screens

2. (1) TV Tuner / multizone AV controller

3. (1) In Dash DVD Video/MPS/WMA/CD Player. (I am not sure where exactly to place this. Maybe in the center console that roles back and forth between driver and passenger. Any Ideas for placement and accesibility?

The price is $2450.00. Now I have to search around for price comparisons.

post-14178-1101400119_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have vizualogic and am pleased. its the older type with the dvd player under the seat, cordless headsets, fm modulator, ps1 under seat also, remote control. installed by best buy last year - yes, it was scary but they did a pretty decent job. $1300 with coupon. i only had to redo the antenna for the headsets and add a power button for driver access. the kids love it.

post-14705-1103435230_thumb.jpg