Sorry- Newbie Questions

Bluedogz

Good morning all-

I am the proud owner of a 1999 LS400, which I dug up with 18k original miles! (I know- before anyone starts- It's from a friend's mother and I have known the car and its owner personally for years.)

The main question now is: the car has the nav system and integrated phone. I'd like to make sure that the nav system is up to date, and also get the phone activated. What is the process for doing all this? I called letstalk.com regarding the phone and they were notably unhelpful.

Thanks in advance for any help- I pick the car up on Monday! Woo hoo!

I am the proud owner of a 1999 LS400, which I dug up with 18k original miles! (I know- before anyone starts- It's from a friend's mother and I have known the car and its owner personally for years.)

WOW great find..........if you don't mind me asking, what did u pay for the car

ps. just do a search with the word "navigation" or "update navigation"

i beleive its been talked about several times b/f

I'm pretty sure the Nav is a HD system....only updates from the dealer..

approx $300 - the latest update did come out this year

Like silvermate said.......what a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99LS with 18K - that is just crazy talk :cheers:

I'd change every fluid on that puppy :D

I'm pretty sure the Nav is a HD system....only updates from the dealer..

Weird- I called the dealer and they acted like they hadn't the slightest idea what I was talking about. Talked to both parts and service and just got a lot of "Uhhhh....." They were very polite, but not helpful.

if you don't mind me asking, what did u pay for the car

$22k. Woo hoo! :D

I'd change every fluid on that puppy

Already done. Her husband owns a dealership (not Lexus) and had the tech do everything yesterday, and gave me docs to prove it. Again, he's a friend so I'm ok with that.

And yes- it is a lightning strike. This is a car I would probably not have bought but for the combination of really nice price and ridiculously low mileage.

have any pics of her?

Not yet. Pick it up on Monday afternoon so I'll see what I can do if I get home before dark.

I kind of expected better service from the dealer, though. Granted, I didn't buy the car from them, but SOMEBODY has to work on it.

So does ANYBODY ave any idea about this phone? Searched the threads but didn't find much. I did learn about the nav system though... :)

on the phone........

1990LS400 has extensive knowledge on this subject....

He's had a 90LS and now a 00LS equipped with phones...

Maybe start a new thread with phones in the title and he'll chime in.....

You can PM him but not until you have 20 posts.

Congrats on the car! That's a helluva find!!! Does she have air ride? Congrats! :D

I thought the phones were analog...or was that a first gen thing?? The phone in '90's car is an aftermarket Nokia car kit, and he tweaked it to mute and all kinds of cool things-'99 is right he's the phone guy in here! B) He's got a Word document on the install somewhere...I'll find it.

:cheers:

Nokia_CARK_91H_install.doc

Thanks! That's a very nice install and would be just the thing for my work- I drive about 30k a year so comfy and hands-free is the way to go. Props to 1990ls400.

FWIW- I finally spoke with the service manager at my dealer and basically got the word that there's not much i can do with the phone- technology has passed it by. He was also candid enough to tell me that they are having a lot of problems with the Bluetooth in the newer models too. So it looks like a setup installed by me will be the best bet.

So it looks like I'll be on the road on Monday! Pictures coming if you insist. 'Course, you'll have to get me out of the car first.....

have any pics of her?

Not yet. Pick it up on Monday afternoon so I'll see what I can do if I get home before dark.

I kind of expected better service from the dealer, though. Granted, I didn't buy the car from them, but SOMEBODY has to work on it.

So does ANYBODY ave any idea about this phone? Searched the threads but didn't find much. I did learn about the nav system though... :)

i work for motorola...since this is not ananalog phone, im pretty sure any cellular service can work with it. i know a guy i work with, has a motorola car phone in a 99 LS400, and it has SBC service, so i know it can be had.

Pictures coming if you insist. 'Course, you'll have to get me out of the car first...

"Dan" is the test driver for our 1999 LS400.

Unfortunately, we cant get him out of

the car.

If you know him, please call him on his cell at 555-6936.

Tel him his kids miss him and stuff...and his wife says he's in big trouble.

[/audi commercial]

:D