Headlight Leveling Problem

Bigcat

Hey All,

I've been having similair problem with the autoleveling light coming on.

When i start car, i see lights go up & down, so i know they work. The warning light on the dash seems to come up intermittantly. Here today, then off for a week, back on, then off. No real pattern as to when it comes on. Sometimes headlights are on, sometimes is just DRL. No suspension work lately, and the sensors are adjusted as in your pictures.

Any ideas,

btw Bartkat, I tried pm'ing you but no go. If you can, would you email me pdf's so i can troubleshoot problem further. Thanks. sendto: foise13@gmail.com

• 9 months later...

Send me a PM with an email addy and I can send you the PDF files I have for testing the auto level system, if you wish.

Hi bartkat,

My auto levling light on my dash is on for my 01' is300. Do you still have the pdf files on how to troubleshoot the auto level system. If so, can you send it to qmichaellu@gmail.com

thanks in advance

/mike

Send me a PM with an email addy and I can send you the PDF files I have for testing the auto level system, if you wish.

Hi bartkat,

My auto levling light on my dash is on for my 01' is300. Do you still have the pdf files on how to troubleshoot the auto level system. If so, can you send it to qmichaellu@gmail.com

thanks in advance

/mike

I'll look for it.

Meantime did you look at this thread:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=20049...dlight+leveling

• 4 months later...

Here's a pic of the autolevel arm behind the left rear wheel. This one is adjusted wrong. It's in a L shape. Properly adjusted the arms should almost be in a straight line or maybe 170 degree angle.

2933d1115405959-auto-leveling-headlights-warning-light-rear1.jpg

see the pic? above number 2, you see those two things the arrow is pointing to? see how it looks like a T on it's side? the silver bar should be straight up. there's a possibility that the original poster's nut (where A is pointing to) worked its way loose and sometimes the bar is straight, but when he hits a bump it gets knocked over, causing the light to come on.

http://my.is/forums/f89/springs-sways-cali...vel-fix-139041/

Echo other posts on this issue wanting more info.

Anyone who has access to the deleted pictures please post them again on this site. At one time there were pictures that showed exactly the issue, the placement, and the fix. The directions are great but it is the old "picture/1000 words" issue.

Thanks.

First thing you want to do is lie on the ground with your head behind the left rear wheel and using a light, look at the linkage. It's easy to see and you don't even have to jack the car up to see it. If the linkage is "L" shaped, then that's your problem. If it's almost straight, then it most likely isn't your problem.

The pics are gone. I found the only one that I could and it's pretty much self explanatory. Maybe you could take some pics while you're checking. :)

• 4 months later...
First thing you want to do is lie on the ground with your head behind the left rear wheel and using a light, look at the linkage. It's easy to see and you don't even have to jack the car up to see it. If the linkage is "L" shaped, then that's your problem. If it's almost straight, then it most likely isn't your problem.

The pics are gone. I found the only one that I could and it's pretty much self explanatory. Maybe you could take some pics while you're checking. :)

I tried today to adjust the linkage. It was at a 45 degree angle, which is the center mark on it. I put it down as far as I could as recommended on here. The farthest it would go down to was an L shape 90 degree angle. I have no idea how it could possibly go down any farther to look straight. Any ideas? I'm sure I was adjusting the right thing. It was a star shaped 10mm nut. Thanks for any help.

• 1 year later...