Odometer Reading

jboggie80

I talked to another member about the lexus ES300 odometer. I got a instrument cluster replacement for my es300 off ebay with lower miles than I have. Will that also register in the computer, or does the computer get the miles from the cluster.

Also, my alarm does not work when i press my key. It locks all doors except the drivers door.

Any ideas? Thanks

what is on the cluster stays on the cluster

does anythign else not work in the door.

try to be as detailed as possible when asking for help this includes all working and non working parts

SK, could it be as simple as taking the speedo out of the new cluster and putting the old speedo in there?? if its an analog Odometer that is, if its digital, then we just entered a whole other playing field. but if its analog, on my contour at least, all you had to do was use your old speedo (since the odometer #'s are in there).

Thanks for the replies. its a digital dash but a friend got the dash done and said something about a chip inthe computer. I have an appointment tomorrow to get it fixed, they said there is somthing in the door that might be bad. I don't want to return the lease and get nabbed for the miles. I figure they won't look if there is not reason.

thanks in advance. is there another chip somewhere or does it take it from the dash cluster.

i believe they do look @ the odometer even though you might have brought it in for a tail light replacement. But i'm not a 100% sure. Cause when i bring my car to the Toyota dealer or Sears they always copy down my mileage.

At the bottom of my screen display on this thread, a company's ad is appearing

with the headline "speedo or gauge problem."

If you will check their web-site (www.dashusa.com), you will note that they indicate that they can change odometer settings if proper documentation is provided to them.

Thanks for the replies.  its a digital dash but a friend got the dash done and said something about a chip inthe computer.  I have an appointment tomorrow to get it fixed, they said there is somthing in the door that might be bad.  I don't want to return the lease and get nabbed for the miles.  I figure they won't look if there is not reason.

thanks in advance.  is there another chip somewhere or does it take it from the dash cluster.

if you have driven the car AT all, with the new cluster in, unless you reset the trip odo before you moved so much as a foot, your mileage will be off enough to get you in trouble...a few miles may seem like no big deal to you, but i almost bought an oldsmobile once that had had the odo rolled back (CARFAX to the rescue!) it actually had 259,XXX miles, and the odometer said 145,864.

Thanks for the replies.  its a digital dash but a friend got the dash done and said something about a chip inthe computer.  I have an appointment tomorrow to get it fixed, they said there is somthing in the door that might be bad.  I don't want to return the lease and get nabbed for the miles.  I figure they won't look if there is not reason.

thanks in advance.  is there another chip somewhere or does it take it from the dash cluster.

if you have driven the car AT all, with the new cluster in, unless you reset the trip odo before you moved so much as a foot, your mileage will be off enough to get you in trouble...a few miles may seem like no big deal to you, but i almost bought an oldsmobile once that had had the odo rolled back (CARFAX to the rescue!) it actually had 259,XXX miles, and the odometer said 145,864.

I will say this, you can stop the digital ones from what I have seen. And if you get the Lexus electrical manual you can "fix" anything. :)

You only get into trouble if you sell the car. If you keep it who cares.