Parking assist indicator light is flashing yellow

I to have the rear camera indicator light flashing yellow, and will try turning the steering wheel to the lock position left and right praying that this will resolve the situation Both lights came on after the car struggled to start.

I also have the parking support brake system [PKSB] light flashing yellow indicating off, this along with the [RCTA] light both came on after the car struggled to start.

15 hours ago, Erick Strong 1 said:

I to have the rear camera indicator light flashing yellow, and will try turning the steering wheel to the lock position left and right praying that this will resolve the situation Both lights came on after the car struggled to start.

I also have the parking support brake system [PKSB] light flashing yellow indicating off, this along with the [RCTA] light both came on after the car struggled to start.

The flashing yellow lights for the Parking Support Brake system (PKSB) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) on your 2018 Lexus LS 500 could be indicative of a system error or malfunction.

The PKSB system is designed to help prevent or reduce damage by applying the brakes in certain situations where the vehicle gets too close to an object. It operates when the shift lever is in a position other than P or R and the vehicle speed is approximately 10 km/h (6 mph) or less.

RCTA is a system that assists the driver when backing up by alerting them to vehicles approaching from the right or left at the rear of the vehicle.

If these lights came on after the car struggled to start, it could be related to a weak battery. A weak battery can sometimes cause the vehicle’s computer to trigger warning lights. It’s also possible that there could be a software issue that needs to be addressed. There was a special service campaign for certain 2018 Lexus models, including the LS 500, to reprogram the Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) system.

I would recommend taking your vehicle to a Lexus dealership or a qualified mechanic for a proper diagnosis. They have the necessary tools and expertise to accurately identify and fix the issue. Please remember that continuing to drive with these warning lights on could potentially lead to more serious issues. Safety should always be your top priority.

My navigation map only displays the large city of origin, it as stopped showing the local towns in which I drive thru.

It’s possible that the issue could be related to the map settings or it might need an update. Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Check the Map Settings: Ensure that the map settings are correctly configured to display local towns. You can usually find these settings in the navigation menu.

2. Update the Maps: The maps on the Lexus Navigation system can be updated periodically using downloadable updates. This ensures that you always have the latest road and route information. You might need a blank, formatted 4GB USB memory stick and an internet-connected computer for this process.

3. Reset the System: If the above steps don’t work, you might need to reset the navigation system. Please refer to your vehicle’s manual or contact your local Lexus dealer for specific instructions on how to do this.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend taking your vehicle to a Lexus dealership for further assistance. They have specialized tools and expertise to diagnose and fix the issue.