Squeaking Noise Dashboard

Dear Lexus drivers,

I have been driving a wonderful 2010 RX 450H for about 2 months now. I look forward to sitting in the car every day and gliding along in a relaxed manner. However, there is one thing that has really been bothering me for a few days now. On uneven or bumpy roads, I can hear a "chirping" or squeaking noise from the rear part of the dashboard (driver's side). In other words, close to the windshield.

Is this a known problem and are there any solutions?

Video attached

Greetings from Germany

The “chirping” or squeaking noise you’re hearing from the rear part of the dashboard on the driver’s side could be due to a few different factors. Here are some potential solutions based on similar issues reported by other Lexus owners:

1. Dashboard Trim Cover Assembly: There’s a tutorial video on how to replace the driver’s side dash trim cover assembly on 2010 to 2015 Lexus RX 350 and RX 450H models. This process involves removing several components, including the front driver’s side scuff plate, the left kick panel, the dash panel side trim, and the switch assembly. After these are removed, the bottom trim cover is unscrewed and disconnected, followed by the dash trim cover assembly. Once the new assembly is installed, all the components are reconnected and reinstalled.

2. Foam Padding: Another suggestion from Lexus owners is to try stuffing some foam down along the edge where the dash meets the windscreen. This has reportedly helped some users with similar ‘creaking’ problems