Shift Solenoid

I have a 96’ Ls400 with 269k miles, the car is throwing out code for Transmission shift solenoid E, does anyone have any part numbers, or any tutorials online on how to change it, i know the general process just have no idea what it looks like or where to buy it. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I found this information by running a Bing CoPilot search, given your information:

Part Numbers: Based on my search, here are some part numbers for the transmission shift solenoid for a 96’ Lexus LS400:

You can purchase these parts from various online auto parts stores. Please verify the part numbers with your mechanic or dealership before purchasing.

Tutorial: As for the tutorial on how to change the transmission shift solenoid, I found a few videos that might be helpful:

Please note that while these videos may not be specific to a 96’ Lexus LS400, the general process should be similar. Always consult with a professional if you’re unsure.

Remember to disconnect the battery before starting any work on the transmission to avoid any electrical issues. Also, it’s a good idea to have a drain pan handy as transmission fluid may spill when removing the solenoid.