Any news on 2019-2021 RX450H recall fix?

Olygirl

I've owned 6 different Lexus vehicles since 1989, and never had a problem until now. The recall letter from Lexus  says my 2021 RX450H is recalled because of a faulty passenger seat airbag sensor. It states not to have anyone in the passenger seat until it can be repaired. Obviously, this is to make sure Lexus has no liability it the sensor fails, as well has preventing injury to the passenger. This significantly limits the use of my car for several reasons. I called Lexus' service department where I purchased the car, and they have no clue when a fix will be available, and it's been over 2 1/2 months. In the meantime, I'm limited to taking only 2 passengers in my car, which means that for group outings we will need a second car, increasing gas costs and parking fees. Second car is a two-seater! 

Has anyone heard when Lexus will have a fix available?

I understand your frustration and the inconvenience this recall has caused you. According to the information I found, Lexus is currently preparing the remedy for this issue. When the remedy is available, Lexus dealers will inspect the Occupant Classification System (OCS) sensors and, if necessary, replace them free of charge. At this time, Lexus estimates the remedy can be available in Quarter 3, 2024, but this is subject to change based on parts availability. Please keep in contact with your Lexus dealer for the latest updates. I hope this helps!