Bad News/good News

lexxus

I came out of the camera shop today and my left front fender had been sideswiped. It looked like hell, with big wide scratches from mid fender to the headlight, looked like both white and black paint from the other car. The attendent said he didn't see anything. I was livid.

Anyway, I come home upset, and grab the rubbing compound(the kind okay for clear coat) and my three stages of Meguire's cleaners, polish and wax. In twenty minutes or so, I got rid of almost all of the damage! I stared at it in disbelief. There was only a small place where the paint had been cracked, a line about three inches long. I laid some touch up paint into the long crack, and you can barely tell anything happened.

A similar thing happened with a Nissan Altima I had a couple of years ago, and the paint just peeled off in a sheet!

glad to hear that you're okay...and that the car is too. I didn't know rubbing compounds and all that polish/wax stuff could do those kinda things...hopefully, i'll never need to experience it first hand, but if I do, I'll know who to think of when I see the power of wax. :D

might want to call your insurance company and ask them if they will cover it first.  And if they wont, you might want to try saying that you'll call your lawyer, they should give in.

Man, sorry to hear about your car, but I'm really glad that you got most of it taken care of. Always good to hear about things working out in the end.