Bluetooth Cell Phone Compatibility

rfwoods

I have a 2005 RX330 and my cell phone is a Motorola T720 with a Motorola DC600 Bluetooth Adapter. The Motorola unit connects with the system in the car but the signal strength bars on the phone do not appear on the car screen and the system in the car will not dial or perform other functions even though both units confirm that they are connected to each other. Am I doing something wrong or are these devices just not compatible? Does anyone know if there are compatible phones other than the Sony Ericsson T608 listed on the Lexus LetsTalk.com website?

Thanks.

I'll move this to the RX forum.

That phone probably wont work because the adapter is a headset connection not a handsfree connection. The T608 works fine as do the phones from the GSM carriers like Cingular and T Mobile

I just got a Bluetooth kit for my Motorola V505 phone in my ES330. The dealer charged me $200 to install it (a ripoff, but I was there for my 15,000 mile service and it saved me a trip to a specialty shop).

It seemed to work right off the bat, but when I called out, the microphone wasn't picking up. The dealer was good about it and spent an hour on the phone with Motorola - who finally determined that the microphone was bad.

There's no local Motorola facility where I can get the microphone, so I called the 800 number. They said I had to remove the entire old unit ($200 more), then they'd send me a replacement ($200 more for installation).

I explained that this was ridiculous since they'd already determined that it was just a bad microphone, but no go. Finally, I went up two levels and got someone with a brain who agreed to send the microphone but said she'd call back. A few days later, she hadn't called, so I called again. I had go go through the whole thing again (send in the entire unit....). Finally, I got someone who agreed to send the microphone - only to find that it was out of stock and they won't back order. He agreed to call a distributor and found one, so I finally have my microphone.

What lousy customer service!!!!

How do you like that Motorola system by the way and where did they mount the control panel. I'm thinking about doing that but for now I purchased an out of the box bluetooth system that clips onto the sunvisor. It works really well...

How do you like that Motorola system by the way and where did they mount the control panel. I'm thinking about doing that but for now I purchased an out of the box bluetooth system that clips onto the sunvisor. It works really well...

I still haven't gotten the replacement mic installed, so I can't say for sure, but it looks like it's going to be fine.

The mic is mounted on the pillar on the driver's side. The control unit is mounted to the underside of the glove compartment (behind the passenger side trim panel).

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to clarify:

Does a bluetooth adapter for a headset (like Jabra or Motorola) on a non -bluetooth phone allow the same functional connectivity to the lexus bluetooth system as a true bluetooth phone would?

thanks.

Just wanted to clarify:

Does a bluetooth adapter for a headset (like Jabra or Motorola) on a non -bluetooth phone allow the same functional connectivity to the lexus bluetooth system as a true bluetooth phone would?

thanks.

I do not believe it will, as the adapter is designed for a headset not a hands free system. I am going to try the Motorola V710 tomorrow with my 2005 RX330 Bluetooth system. I am told by Motorola that it will work, except for the download-phonebook-to-car and ringing for incoming calls. They say that there will be a software upgrade in December that will fix both of these bugs.

Do not buy the Motorola V710, it does not work with the Toyota/Lexus bluetooth system. It will synch up and you can dial calls but it won't ring or display signal stregnth and there is no way to transfer the phonebook. This is because of Verizon crippling the bluetooth features to keep customers from getting around their data transfer fees.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My Lexus sales rep near Sydney (Australia) told me end Nov 2004 that the following Bluetooth GSM phones should work with the 2004 RX330:

Sony Eriksson ( a general comment I was told that Sony E's are more compatible for Bluetooth than others)

- T610

-T630

- Z600

-Z1010

Nokia

She could NOT find a reference to PalmOne's Treo 650.

As of today lexus.letstalk.com shows:

Motorola V600

Sony T637

Nokia 6820

Sony T608

John

Just to let folks know that I'm using Motorolla v505 successfully with the 2005

RX330. It works great and I'm very happy.

AE

In case anyone out there is interested, I am using a Motorola V710 in my 2005 RX. It works hands free, but I have to dial from the phone since the V710's phonebook will not download to the car phonebook, and an incoming call does not ring (but it does interupt the music and show on the nav screen).

Motorla tech support says they are going to release a V710 software update in the next two weeks that will solve these glitches and make the V710 fully compaible with the RX.

Just to let folks know that I'm using Motorolla v505 successfully with the 2005

RX330. It works great and I'm very happy.

AE

In case anyone out there is interested, I am using a Motorola V710 in my 2005 RX. It works hands free, but I have to dial from the phone since the V710's phonebook will not download to the car phonebook, and an incoming call does not ring (but it does interupt the music and show on the nav screen).

Motorla tech support says they are going to release a V710 software update in the next two weeks that will solve these glitches and make the V710 fully compaible with the RX.

My Motorolla V505 phonebook did download to the car phone book, but I had

to transfer one number at a time. Incoming calls ring as well.

My Motorola Razr V3 phone works fine with my 2005 RX but could not get my phonebook to download either. Had to load all 103 of them from the phone one at a time.

I thought the problem was due to the fact I did not know how to highlight all phonebook entries at one time. The phone manual says to highlight the entry you want to transmit. Since I only knew how to highlight one at a time that's all it would send.

I sent Motorola an email asking them how to highlight all entries in the phonebook but, of course, never heard back. I'm new at this bluetooth stuff but still feel it's a limitation of the phone rather than the car receiver.

In case anyone out there is interested, I am using a Motorola V710 in my 2005 RX.  It works hands free, but I have to dial from the phone since the V710's phonebook will not download to the car phonebook, and an incoming call does not ring (but it does interupt the music and show on the nav screen).

Though you're right about the limited usage, I can very easily use the one-touch dial to dial out while driving using my v710. What you do is:

1) Make an out going call, then hang up

2) Go to the setting section and Add the outgoing call to the one-touch. You will get an entry showing the phone number in the one-touch screen

3) Now you can use that for dialing out while driving. You don't see any names, and in fact while driving you won't even see the phone number, but if you remember that #1 = Home and #2 = Work...etc, it works. Sucks, but works.

In case anyone out there is interested, I am using a Motorola V710 in my 2005 RX.  It works hands free, but I have to dial from the phone since the V710's phonebook will not download to the car phonebook, and an incoming call does not ring (but it does interupt the music and show on the nav screen).

Though you're right about the limited usage, I can very easily use the one-touch dial to dial out while driving using my v710. What you do is:

2) Go to the setting section and Add the outgoing call to the one-touch. You will get an entry showing the phone number in the one-touch screen

3) Now you can use that for dialing out while driving. You don't see any names, and in fact while driving you won't even see the phone number, but if you remember that #1 = Home and #2 = Work...etc, it works. Sucks, but works.

Are you sure you don't see the names in one-touch ? I thought mine shows the

names but won't show the numbers while driving..

jazzsax-

Thnaks for the great idea! I will give it a try, as it will really help a lot while we are waiting for the Motorola sofware upgrade.

foxridge

I have an RX330 with a Motorola V505. Here are the problem issues..."termite", maybe you can help?

When I call someone handsfree, the call connects, but I cannot hear them, and they cannot hear me for a five seconds, so people on the other end sometimes say "hello" two or three times and hang up.

The second problem/question: How do you get the address book to show up on the car screen? Is there some special button on the phone, because I've looked and looked and can't find it.

Would appreciate anyone's help.

berisky@aol.com

I have an RX330 with a Motorola V505. Here are the problem issues..."termite", maybe you can help?

When I call someone handsfree, the call connects, but I cannot hear them, and they cannot hear me for a five seconds, so people on the other end sometimes say "hello" two or three times and hang up.

The second problem/question: How do you get the address book to show up on the car screen? Is there some special button on the phone, because I've looked and looked and can't find it.

berisky@aol.com

Are you sure you don't see the names in one-touch ? I thought mine shows the

names but won't show the numbers while driving..

The v710 won't allow the phonebook to be transfered over, so there's no way of adding a name to the phone book. So I don't see names.

At least I haven't figured out how to move any names (one or all) over from the phone.

berisky@aol.com

Berisky,

That's strange. I don't think I've experienced that behavior. When I call it rings

and the person picks up and I can hear them say hello immediately. No one

complained so far.

On your second issue, are you asking how you can transfer the phonebook

from the phone to the car ? I simply followed the Motorolla V600 instruction

posted on the lexus website. It's very similar to V505.

http://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lexus2....ated=1087232195

I can give you specific V505 details if this doesn't work out.

If you have already transfered names/numbers into the car, all you have to

do is press "info" button on the car navigation and select "telephone" (from

what I remember) and go from there to see the nembers. You can also

setup about 18 different quick dial numbers from the phone book which can

be used to dial while driving.

Greetings all.

I am a proud new 2005 RX330 owner, and I am looking into Bluetooth phone compatibility.

I currently have SprintPCS service, and it looks like they just added the LG PM-325 on the lexus.letstalk.com site as a unit that is compatible.

I think these are fairly hard to get right now, since its supposedly one of the first Sprint Bluetooth phone offerings that apparenly works pretty well.

Has anybody tried the LG PM-325 with Sprint yet?

Erf

I will be picking up my '05 RX330 shortly and was wondering what the bluetooth capabilites are?

I will be getting the Sprint PPC 6600 when it comes out. Someone has already had success with the PPC 6601 on a Range Rover so I have high hopes that it will work on the RX eventhough it is not officially listed.

Since I don't yet have a manual to read, what features of the phone are integrated with the car via bluetooth? It sounds like the phone information is displayed on the cars screen. It also sounds like if the phone has voice command features (which the 6600 does with MS voice command installed) you can use it to initiate calls. And it sounds like there is some integration of the phones contact list with the cars display screen.

Also, does anyone know if the handsfree BT profile would support the playing of mp3s from the phone through the car via bluetooth?

Thanks in Advance.

Hello again everyone.

I just purchased and activated the LG325 from Sprint.

I successfully paired it with my 2005 RX330 Nav system handsfree and made calls from the touchpad. The sound was good in the car and my wife said it sounded pretty good on the receiving end, although a bit "echo-ey" which you get with any speakerphone.

The first limitation I see is that this particular phone will not yield up its Address Book and so you can't import the address book into the RX330 system. I read on a site that this is a limitation in the LG325 software. Perhaps there will be an upgrade some day.

I will report back more as I experiment.

Erf

• 2 weeks later...