Lexus Taste Of Luxury

TexGX

I went to my local Lexus Taste of Luxury today. I got to drive all of the car and SUV's from Lexus and many of thier competitors. The best part was the off road sections for the SUV's. Sec ond was the sportcar sections. The GX was the best out of the SUV's I drove(Range Rover, LX470, Escalade, ML300, and X5). I was disapointed the LR3 was not there. The Range Rover was nice on the offroad portions but, had a lot of body roll in the other sections. I will say I like the interior in my GX a little better than the Range Rover. The LX is very close to the GX. The main difference was it did not have KDSS. I thought it had a lot of body roll. It did have more ground clearence. The Escalade was the worse of the bunch. Nothing good to say about it. The ML300 drove well on the road sections, but not an offroad SUV. The X5 was about the same. The GX did everything well. I have been wanting to take my GX offroad, so this kinda helped out. It was a great event. I even got to scare the hell out of my wife in a E500.

I've driven all of those as well, although not in an off road setting. I also had an LR3 for a couple hours last week, I wrote about my impressions of it in another thread here. All in all, I havn't seen a competing vehicle that I like as well as my GX.

Do they hold those "Lexus taste of luxury" thingys around the country?

I've driven all of those as well, although not in an off road setting. I also had an LR3 for a couple hours last week, I wrote about my impressions of it in another thread here. All in all, I havn't seen a competing vehicle that I like as well as my GX.

From what I understand, they do. I got the invite from my lexus sales person. I would check yours to see when it is in your area.

From what I understand, they do. I got the invite from my lexus sales person. I would check yours to see when it is in your area.

i know mine has passed already, like last year i think. :angry:

I forgot to mention that the GX's were 2005's. They had a the upgraded engine with 270 hp. I did not really notice a difference between mine and the new one, but we were on a short track. All the GX's had KDSS.

anyone know when the Lexus Taste of Luxury is coming for northern cal, or central cal would even be better???:whistles:

Normally it is held in late June/early July at Alameda Point. That is the time frame and place it has been held for the last 2 years anyway.

heard about that one 2 years ago, will keep that in mind.