New Member With A 93 Sc 400 Problem..

Well, first of all I just want to say this is a great site for all lexus owners, the mods are doing a great job running this place.

But back to my question, I recently bought a 93 sc 400, low miles, still in great condition. But the only question I have is that in the dash on the left upper corner, there is this light that lights up in orange (I dont have the owners manual, so i dont know what it stands for) and looks like a palace, roman type design of some sort( thats the best description i have :huh: ), I was guessing it was the radiator, but everything is ok, can anyone help me out here? I'd appreciate it a lot..... :cheers:

The only thing I can think of is the windshield washer fluid level is low. This is the only warning light in the upper left hand corner. Put some juice in the windshield washer tank and see if it goes away!!!

Marty

Welcome to the club, Manolo. The sign that looks like a palace or radiator look is the sign for low amount of coolant. You might want to check out how dirty or how low the coolant is in your car. You might want to do that as soon as possible since summer isn't that far away.

Also, you should call lexus 800-255-3987 prompt #4, and let them know you've just purchased the car. Ask them to send you a copy of the owners manual. They're probably going to ask you to provide change in title information. You really don't have to. :rolleyes:

Prestone anti-freeze is excellent. I have it in my car and so far so good. The manual is recommending a non-alcoholic Ethylene-glycol based coolant. I believe that is the red stuff skperformance was recommending. I would recommend using that for the time being. I hope that helps.

Also, you should call lexus 800-255-3987 prompt #4, and let them know you've just purchased the car. Ask them to send you a copy of the owners manual. They're probably going to ask you to provide change in title information. You really don't have to. :rolleyes:

Do they charge for getting the manual??

Owners manual, No. They will probably ask you a few dozen questions, and they will also ask you fill out the change of ownership card in the back. That's it.

The Service Manual is usually charged. It's because the service manual is more detailed, than the owners manual. The owner manual is what you get from the manufacturer when you buy the car, just in case there are any confusions.

no that is what i was talking about as well

i do have the lexus 3 volume service manuals for my car though

have you actually received one from lexus

or know someone personally who got a "free" one form lexus head office?

kinda lika a key to me they give you one with the car but lose it and you

SOL

Lexus HQ didn't charge me for my Owners manual. I'm not sure why they charged for something that came standard with the car. I told HQ that when I bought the car, it didn't come with one, and within a few weeks, it was here. I know LExus's 800 Number is not linked with the Dealer system. HQ doesn't cooperate with the dealers. They wanted any compliants against the dealership to remain confidential, I think.