Steering column

kaizen

so if anyone can help me it would mean the world I have a 93 ls400 my the gears in my steering column snapped while sliding and now my steering wheel dose a complete 360 rotations and the wheels will not move I know it’s the gears I tore the column some what apart but can someone tell me can I replace the gear can I rebuild it with a 96 steering column I have , any ideas would help .

Hello, Feltx.

Have you tried comparing part numbers for both years? I posted a question about changes from 93 to 96 LS400s and here's what my Bing search turned up:

Yes, there were some changes between the 1993 and 1996 Lexus LS400 models.

For the 1993 model, there were several updates in response to dealer and customer requests, including new colors, slight trim changes, and alterations to the steering, suspension, brakes, wheels, and tires to improve driving characteristics1. Specifically, an EGR gas temperature sensor was now used on all models to conform to OBD-I requirements2.

As for the 1996 model, it benefited from a roomier interior, thanks to its longer wheelbase. Trunk space increased, and rear passengers got nearly three inches of extra leg room. The car was no bigger on the outside, and had lost a couple of hundred pounds while gaining ten horsepower and improving fuel economy from the 4.0-liter V83.

Please note that these changes might not be exhaustive and for more detailed information, you might want to refer to the official Lexus manuals or authorized Lexus dealerships.