fuel system problems

jonncarr

I posted on here a couple months ago about a running problem with my new to me 2000 , long story short I replaced my ecu with little help but kelvin from cartunes said it would be needed eventually. I finally got to normal troubleshooting and discovered fuel pressure of 10 psi. So I'm thinking fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Any thoughts or insights into this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do the cheap stuff first - change the fuel filter.  The fuel filter is not part of scheduled maintenance, so unless you've replaced it, chances are it's never been changed.

The pressure regulator is in the tank attached to the fuel pump.  The service manual describes installing the pressure gauge under the left side pulsation damper.  This sounds to me like the standard pressure test procedure.

Other than the filter that's located under the body, there are a few places in and around the fuel pump where the problem may lie; the pump pick up screen and the No. 2 fuel filter may be plugged.  These are supposed to be "lifetime" items but who's lifetime?  Any deterioration of the rubber hoses in the fuel pump assembly could be causing a lose of pressure.

Untitled_15_annotated.thumb.jpg.63ed37b8b1c45475f1f9f4322734214a.jpg