08' Lexus LS460 P0012 and poping/creaking noise when turning

I don't know if this is the correct thread so I apologize if it is not...

I got a 08 Lexus LS460 with 140k miles that I recently purchased couple of months ago. Recently I noticed the check engine light was on for P0012 Code: Intake (A) Camshaft Position Timing – Over-Retarded (Bank 1).  

I had the oil changed and flushed out thinking it's dirty oil and than I took it to my mechanic and he changed the Bank 1 solenoid which I believe is on the drivers side (this car has two solenoids) check engine came back on as soon as I drove off...he's thinking it'a a timing chain issue but no symptoms of that at all...This car is so over complicated that I don't know where to even begin! Sensors and electronics everywhere...

Than I noticed a very close clicking/screeching noise when I may slow or even fast turns and steering when will click when I am stationary if I turn it...

Does your mechanic have a Toyota/Lexus code scanner?
If not, you may want to take your car to a Lexus mechanic, especially one that has experience with older LS models.

• Like 1