Lane Departure Issue

Mariefl1469

I purchased a 2023 RX 350 F Sport, and the lane departure feature does not work.  Does the steering wheel vibrate to notify you that you are about to cross or are approaching the lane stripes?  Do the verticle strips on the HUD light up consistently?   

I appreciate any insight into how the lane departure system works....thank you

• 5 weeks later...

I traded in a 2019 RX for a 2023 RX. The 2019 had Lane Departure Alert (vibrating steering wheel) and Lane Departure Assist (corrective steering). These items were individually controlled. The 2023’s system works like crap. There is very little vibration, so basically no alert, and there is no way to turn off the assist function.  I have been on the phone for hours with Lexus and had the dealer service team try to solve the problem. No luck, so I have turned off the entire Lane Departure System.  Every friend I speak to says they would not/do not like corrective steering.  Lexus need to update their software or be prepared to be sued when a driver or family is killed because corrective steering caused an accident.

Many helpful new things are making the driver less alert and some cars are so nice and comfortable that it can make the driver sleepy.

In the name of progress, we are no longer needed to drive cars as they can drive by themselves.

Brave new world.