NX350h 2024 door lock customization

Hi. I just picked up a 2024 NX350h a couple of weeks ago. I’d like to change the settings to prevent all of the doors from unlocking when I open the rear lift gate. Does anyone know if and how I can set that up? Thanks

Manual says if you "lock" the doors they cannot be unlocked within 3 seconds.

So either press the lock on the fob or use the lock button on the gate and see if that works.

• 5 months later...

Just got my NX350h 2024 a few weeks ago. Am suddenly having a problem locking it as I leave the car. Power is off, doors shut, windows up, but it refuses to lock when I press the key fob. Last night I found a great, free parking space but had to garage the car as I couldn’t leave it unlocked on the street in NYC! Don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

I’m so glad I found this page because I had the same problem a week ago. it happened twice where the mirrors start closing in and it seems like the door is going to lock and then it starts beeping and the mirrors unfold and the door won’t lock. Just the beginning of some issues I’m having and I just got the car. Already frustrated.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi. I have had my 2024 NX 350h since June and have not experienced that locking issue. I don't use the key fob to lock. I just touch the handle. 

Edited by atx2022

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I was touching the handle as well and it wasn’t locking. But that only happened for one day and now it seems to be OK. Lots of little glitches along the way.

The only annoyances I have is opening the door and not always pressing the button long enough so I can open the door and the brakes. I have had Lexus hybrids since 2012 and braking is definitely different from the standard cars. The NX braking definitely takes a bit of getting used to.

On a positive note, my overall mileage since I purchased it is greater than 40.4 (bounces between 40.4 and 40.5). I don't use economy or sport. Its a bit hilly where I am but I still do well.

Oh my God there has been a few times when I feel like I’m stuck in the car because I can’t get the door open! Right now my mileage is at about 33… I was told that it would get better as it gets warmer outside! But considering I traded in a Volvo, that was getting about 24, I’m already happier with the 33!

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 9:12 AM, HPaps said:

Just got my NX350h 2024 a few weeks ago. Am suddenly having a problem locking it as I leave the car. Power is off, doors shut, windows up, but it refuses to lock when I press the key fob. Last night I found a great, free parking space but had to garage the car as I couldn’t leave it unlocked on the street in NYC! Don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

Hi, I just had the same problem with mine. All I did was change out the battery in the key fob. It is a 2032 circular battery. If the battery is dead in the key fob, the Lexus app will NOT lock or unlock your car.