Paintless Dent Repair, Someone's Feedback

:blink: Does someone has been in touch or has something to say about Paintless Dent Repair. I read an article and sound very interesting. Will a weekener do it yourself may expect acceptable results? Will investment on equipmet paid by itself? I have read of two systems: one works with special glue, the other with steel rods, wich may be the best to try? <_< Thanks for your ideas.

The glue only works on cars with shallow even dents with very thin metal.Basically a crappy system but cheap.

The rods is what a pro uses.

For 5000 and trainging it is expensive to make a buisness out of it.

But it is great stuff for a company.

PDR is not a do it yourself item. PDR techs have many hours of instruction under their belts, it requires very expensive tools and a lot of expertise to do it properly. I have a great PDR guy who has fixed several dings on my cars.

I'll agree with you SWO. PDR is a very professional thing, not a DIY project. I wish I knew how to do it but who has time? I need a PDR guy in Virginia Beach. Someone with years of experience and good referrals.

Now that the American population has gotten so fat, and parking spaces have grown thin, more door dings than ever appear.

I was washing the car in the driveway a couple weeks ago when a acorn falls from the sky, nabs the roof right square in the middle between the windshield and the sunroof and puts a nice quarter sized ding (go figure the odds of that one, only woulda happened to me. Of course I'm irate, stopped at the PDR tech to see if they could fix it. $200, he had to pull the headliner and everything I was very nervous. No problems at all, headliner was pulled and reinstalled no problems, no rattles anything. He's great.

An acorn? I'll remember not to park under any oak trees. Yeah, that is just bad luck. During the last hurricane here, a guy up the street had a big ole pine tree fall and hit BOTH of his well waxed vehicles. He was devistated.

I've been washing it in the garage ever since LOL.

That reminds me of a product I don't know if I reccomended it to you or not, ProtectAll Quick and Easy Wash? You can wash the car with a gallon of water and never leave your nice warm garage in the winter.

i have a door ding, about a quarter size or so........its the only ding on my car, and it drives me crazy :angry:

anyway, i got a letter in the mail (don't know how they got my address) but it was from Dent doctors, and they said they would fix Quarter size dents for 100 bucks,

but with further research i think they have to go in from the inside, and that means pulling off the inner door liner and things, so i don't know yet. i don't know if i trust them to do that........cause any half-A** job and there will be rattles in the door and no telling what else. <_<

Naa, doors and such are easy. They either go in through the drain holes or they just pop off the panel a little so they can slide their tools in. Be careful with dent doctors and other chains as the quality may not be consistent. Find a good tech with references, but you'll pay probably 50% more for him. Well worth it though.